1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just Launched New Site - Looking for Opinions

I just put up a new site for one of my clients. They are a car rental company for specialty vehicles. I've submitted to all the maps and they are waiting for the postcards. Got google webmaster tools and requested site crawl. Would anyone care to take a look and critique the site? It's just up within 1 hour. URL is exotic car vegas DOT com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by jeffmartini13
    I just put up a new site for one of my clients. They are a car rental company for specialty vehicles. I've submitted to all the maps and they are waiting for the postcards. Got google webmaster tools and requested site crawl. Would anyone care to take a look and critique the site? It's just up within 1 hour. URL is exotic car vegas DOT com
    Looks pretty good to me, did you use WordPress?
    What kinds of things did you do for "on-page optimization"?
    What kinds of things are you doing for "off-page optimization"?
  5. justanotherseoguy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'd say you should be doing 2 main types of activities:

1. Promotion in Google web search
    2. Promotion in Google maps aka local search (you need to claim your Google+ Local listing for that)

For regular SEO promotion, you'd need keywords in important parts of the pages you want to rank in search, a crawlable site and backlinks.
    Getting backlinks is not really easy these days, but you can see which link sources your competitors use and analyaze them with tools like SEO Spyglass.

For local SEO, you'd need to claim and fill out your Google+ Local listing, list your client's business in major local directories with a uniform name, address and phone number (you can use tools like Get Listed to check what listings you have now). Then, try to get positive reviews and high ratings from Google+ users. I don't know what review site there are in your niche, but chances are Google knows them and considers their feedback. Also, in local search, citations are nearly as important as backlinks. It means that the more frequently the name of the client's business is mentioned elsewhere online, the better.
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

A quick look just caught your titles..there a little on the stuffed side. Try and use you keywords only once and make it read from front to end. example
    rather than using:
    Exotic Car Rental in Las Vegas - Elite Exotic Car Rental | About our Company
    use: Elite Exotic Car Rentals, Las Vegas

and the Home page, your wasting good title space with words like 'and more'.

also noticed your internal links need to be a different color, they disappear into the black background and can't be read.

cool cars, but their pricing is a bit steep, well for me it is.
  9. No Profile Picture

Changing Back Ground Color is highly recommended. Reduce the Image size of Top of each web page.
  11. No Profile Picture

Place your NAP information on every page in local business schema markup.
  13. Agency SEO

It's horrible. No it's awful... it's horrawful. I can't imagine getting a conversion through that site. Why the stripper?

wow, I wanted to show a link to a Las Vegas competitor who is doing it better.... they are all horrawful lol. How is it you have 3 million in auto inventory but can't spend 20k on a decent website that would convert at 5%?

South Beach, Miami, Hollywood, Las Vegas nobody can build a website in these cities for exotic car rentals?
  15. SEO Since 97

Why the stripper?
    Vegas baby Vegas. lol
    Hot cars and hot women...they seem to go together...no?
  17. Agency SEO

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    Vegas baby Vegas. lol
    Hot cars and hot women...they seem to go together...no?
    No, not for the demo. People that make 250k per year do not give skanky strippers a second look. Strippers are for those who would rent a corvette imo.

regardless, the website is a disaster no matter the demo.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone for the advice. Also huge thanks to "Test-ok" for his SEO help. We are now on page 1 for our main keyword and moving nicely thanks to his help!

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : Good to hear
  21. SEO Since 97

Originally Posted by jeffmartini13
    Just wanted to say thanks for everyone for the advice. Also huge thanks to "Test-ok" for his SEO help. We are now on page 1 for our main keyword and moving nicely thanks to his help!
    Glad it's working out...and I told you it would work, the sitting back and letting it take affect is the hardest part.

Comments on this post

• ndelia agrees : thanks for the advise
  23. Agency SEO

Working out? The site looks as if it was built by a 12 year old and the SEO is worse. Clean up the design and begin a campaign of real keyword research, landing page optimization and promotion with inbound links from quality, relevant sites.

exotic car rental Las Vegas? c'mon man
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Nov 2nd, 2013 at 02:55 AM.
  25. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You need to seriously look at your images. They need compressing. Although you may think this will not effect your SERPS it is effecting the page load times and google does like fast sites.
    If you have photoshop use save for web, or google online image compressing and use one of the many free online ones.

You could also look at replacing some of the text that is within the image with CSS code and using text instead. For example where it says NO SECURITTY DEPOSITES etc (top right) that would be quite easy to change to text only.
    Give your images a Title as well, your missing the tag which helps get your keywords in more and in a natural way.

Of late I have become quite a fan of bread crumbs, allowing the users to navigate back, if I drill down your site to a car I cant find a way to go back without using the browsers back button. There are many reasons why bread crumbs are a good idea and not just from a end users point of view, They also generate a lot of internal links within your site with the pages at the beginning receiving the most links and the product itself receiving the least. This in my opinion gives your site a great way of showing the structure of your site in a natural way. Remember your own site can pass link juice around just as external links do.

You should also look at your URL's
    For example
    /rental-vehicles.html links to /lamborghini-green.html

why not do the following

/rental-vehicles/ links to /rental-vehicles/lamborghini-green.html

Again a natural way of getting the site structure more visible

on that page you have a title of
    <title>Exotic Car Rental Las Vegas | Green Lamborghini Rental Las Vegas</title>

I would put the product first i.e.
    Green Lamborghini rental | Exotic Car Rental Las Vegas
    Google and users reads titles left to right and the first words are considered the most important, for that page I would say the car itself is the most important element and not the company brand. By all means have it in there but towards the end, You need to think how that will appear in a google search and what will tempt users to click on your link. Titles are so important to tempt users to click on your page so some thought should be given as to what will convert best.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : A very generous reply