1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'm just a girl - looking for a review of WirelessCove.com

Hi Everyone,

It would be an honor if you could review http://www.wirelesscove.com . Wireless Cove is a free wireless directory

Our targeted key words are - Wireless Phones, Wireless Carriers, Ringtones, Satellite Dish, Wireless Accessories, Wireless Dealers, Wireless Information and calling cards

I think I've read every post here in regards to Google SEO and the reviews and I've tried to incorporate them into the site. I will however admit some were over my head and others I may have forgot.

Changes I've made based on the information I've found here:
    *Changed Title Tags so Wireless Cove isn't the first words in the title.
    *Changed the Logo's Name and Alt Tags.
    *Made sure their were text links to major sections at the bottom of each page.
    *Increased key words to focus on that individual page.
    *Put large Java Scripts into separate file.

Some other information that may be helpful for the review:
    * There is a Java Script redirect when someone clicks on an outside link. This is there so we can count hits to that particular link (don't know any other way to do that ). I hope to add a top ten list based on those hits to the home page. I have however asked Google not to spider the redirect page in the robot.txt.

* When the site is viewed on http://www.y2kinternet.com/spiderview.cfm using Googlebot my main table appears to the right. I don't know if this makes a difference but I thought I would point it out.

One other question, I read that having more pages is better for google and I've also read that having alot of pages lowers your PR. So is it better to list 10 sites per page and have more pages or have 20 or 30 sites per page and have less pages?

I also want to thank Darrin and everyone who posts here for helping those of us who just don't have the funds to hire an SEO professional to optimize our sites and giving us a chance to compete with the large corporations. Knowledge is Power

Bye the way Wireless Cove soft launched on Feb 15 2003

Thanks
    Laura
  3. Contributing User

Updates on 04/08

Fixed - Found the problem when viewing the site using googlebot, I was missing a </tr> in the header.

I've coded the site using Coldfuion and some of our variables look like this - index.cfm?mystartrow=11&realstartrow=11&ca tID=8 will 3 variables cause a big problem?

I would still love some feed back on the site

Laura

Yeah, I got my first bullet!!!!
  5. Contributing User

Hi,

I just thought I would give it one more try and see if I can get anyone to give my site a brief review.

Anyone? Even the littlest bit of help would be great before the next deep crawl.

Please??
  7. Contributing User

Originally posted by "wirelesscove"

Hi,

I just thought I would give it one more try and see if I can get anyone to give my site a brief review.

Anyone? Even the littlest bit of help would be great before the next deep crawl.

Please??
    need more text.
    do you have alot of good links back to you?
    put in a doctype for the browsers and to validate the code...

you should do OK, it takes time to get up there..

zen
  9. Contributing User

Thanks Zen - I'll get right on that I appreciate your help.

Quick question and I'll post it in the google forum to not get to this one all off track.
    I went to add the doctype
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    	   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    that Zen suggested to my web page and being the great coder I am (joke) I noticed it throws the web page all out of wack on Netscape but looks fine on IE. So would google consider it spamming if I added an "if then" statement (using coldfusion so it would be decided server side and not browser side) to the page where if it's Netscape looking at the page it would remove the doctype? I don't want to look like I'm trying to cloak! I hope that made sense.
  11. Contributing User

Originally posted by "wirelesscove"

Quick question and I'll post it in the google forum to not get to this one all off track.
    I went to add the doctype
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    	   "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    that Zen suggested to my web page and being the great coder I am (joke) I noticed it throws the web page all out of wack on Netscape but looks fine on IE. So would google consider it spamming if I added an "if then" statement (using coldfusion so it would be decided server side and not browser side) to the page where if it's Netscape looking at the page it would remove the doctype? I don't want to look like I'm trying to cloak! I hope that made sense.
    Your site is most defintely not XHTML strict. Use the html transitional doctype.it won't break NN, and you won't have to put in a sniffer. and run your code thru the validator at W3C so that you can see any problems.

zen
  13. Contributing User

Thanks Zen - Working on those changes now