1. Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I would really appreciate feedback on this site.

The site is about 8 months old. I am new to webmastering and it has been a struggle trying to understand the search engine enigma. I would really appreciate your feedback on this site.

The main URL for the homepage is

http://www.junglewalk.com

This page then leads to a nonframe page (which is indexed by google) to support non-frame users and
    By choice the user can go to the similar frame page (where google is not allowed to deep crawl) and is more user friendly.
    (Some of the material the introduction - that can be recognized by google in the frame page is similar to the one in the homepage. I am wondering if google would consider this duplication?)
    The Targeted keyword for for this main homepage are
    Animal Videos, Animal Video
    Animal Movies, Animal Movie
    Animal sounds
    Animal Posters, Animal Poster

Within a month (thru dmoz and some decent external and internal backlinks), the homepage
    got ranked 6. So far so good. We have been getting some decent traffic.
    But a month ago (maybe after the dominic update) many of the pages have been dropped and traffic has dropped by a third. ( I am not sure if it is to do with relevancy or what?).
    However, I notice that many of the pages above are not really relevant.
    The page rank as seen in the toolbar has not changed.
    So I am not sure if it is because the pages are not really optimized.

I am really curious about couple of pages, that have drastically changed, like going from being #5 down to more than #100. As far as site activity, in the past month I did change the URL to something more relevant to the page content. (I gave google a re-direct). Only some of the new page have been indexed and are showing up with the new URL and with the same rank. Some of them have a white toolbar (inspite of the redirect!. Maybe this has slowed down the traffic). I also changed the title to be more specific. I would really appreciate if you can also take a look at this specific page

This is in the poster section and used to be in the first page right from the beginning until last month.
    The page rank for this page has not been changed (ranked 4)

http://www.junglewalk.com/posters/Cat-Posters.asp

The targeted keyword for this page Cat posters
    Please let me know if something is off with the design, title, URL, etc. I will appreciate any constructive feedback. Or hopefully it is just google being erratic.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

mlog,

You have a nice site, I have lots and lots of changes but I think the follow could get you started:

- Do you have to have a splash page? Why not make a more SEO friendly front page?

- Break the frames (sorry!!!) and create tables for your navigation and content

- Create a visible site map (i couldn't find one) that includes links to ALL your pages within your site

- Include keywords within your link text and you should be ready to go.

(and so the pickle has spoken)
    Last edited by asmith; Jul 3rd, 2003 at 02:39 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Tested in Mozilla 800x600 56k. I like the splash screen. The main page is bit slow to load (about a minute). Might look better if each box was a different colour to the background. You might want to add CSS link rollovers too. Nice site though. Good luck with it.

Nick