1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I need a site review for improvements

Hello everyone
    I created a homepage for my League of Legends Team called Team Yilmaz Z. We also post the latest League of Legends news. I appreciate it if you can give me some constructive feedbacks like should I change anything or add something.
    Here's my site ► www.yz-gaming.eu

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by dzine; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: delinked, then approved and moved
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'm assuming you earn revenue from visitors clicking one of the ads above the fold. I'm afraid this situation is a double-edged sword. Google's algorithm actually devalues sites with ads above the fold. Thus, you won't be ranking as well for your targeted keywords and you'll see fewer organic visits. However, if you move the ads, visitors are less likely to see them.

While you debate ad placement, I would add some static content to your homepage and the Guides page. This can be just a couple of paragraphs explaining what the site is and what type of information can be found. Include at least one instance of each of the following to better your chances at ranking for these high-volume key phrases:

Homepage
    -league of legends news
    -league of legends patch news
    -league of legends update news

Guides Page
    -league of legends guides
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Adam.W
    I'm assuming you earn revenue from visitors clicking one of the ads above the fold. I'm afraid this situation is a double-edged sword. Google's algorithm actually devalues sites with ads above the fold. Thus, you won't be ranking as well for your targeted keywords and you'll see fewer organic visits. However, if you move the ads, visitors are less likely to see them.
    No I'm not earning any revenue from my ads by clicking it, only if someone click on the G2A button and buy a game. And by the way that's my only ad I've got on the site.

Originally Posted by Adam.W
    While you debate ad placement, I would add some static content to your homepage and the Guides page. This can be just a couple of paragraphs explaining what the site is and what type of information can be found. Include at least one instance of each of the following to better your chances at ranking for these high-volume key phrases:

Homepage
    -league of legends news
    -league of legends patch news
    -league of legends update news

Guides Page
    -league of legends guides
    So you mean I should add these keywords to my single sites?