1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I keep trying but no luck on 2 sites

Hi, I run two sites www.youradultworld.com (a site similar to aff.com) and www.420boards.com (a marijuana information site).

I have had the domains for some time, one for more than 2 years now. I have tried to use some of the better meta tags and descriptions that other sites listed that were top in yahoo.

I understand that the phrases I'm optimizing my site for are tough (marijuana for one site and adult personals for the other) but I can go a page or two and see totally irrelevant results that mention the phrase once.

I've used keyword density checkers to compare my site with the top sites in yahoo for others. Mine now shows more dense and everything but I have never been lucky enough to find myself in any search engine by searching for anything other than my domain name.

Would someone please help? Thanks!!

Chris
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

what about backlinks ?
    do you have (a lot of) related sites linking to yours yet ?
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by 420boards
    Hi, I run two sites www.youradultworld.com (a site similar to aff.com) and www.420boards.com (a marijuana information site).

I have had the domains for some time, one for more than 2 years now. I have tried to use some of the better meta tags and descriptions that other sites listed that were top in yahoo.

I understand that the phrases I'm optimizing my site for are tough (marijuana for one site and adult personals for the other) but I can go a page or two and see totally irrelevant results that mention the phrase once.

I've used keyword density checkers to compare my site with the top sites in yahoo for others. Mine now shows more dense and everything but I have never been lucky enough to find myself in any search engine by searching for anything other than my domain name.

Would someone please help? Thanks!!

Chris
    There's you problem... Meta ANYTHING - MIGHT help...

Keyword Density MIGHT help...

But neither will do much - they MIGHT make the difference between ranked 500 as opposed to 10,000 but they will not change anything in the top 30.

1. Keyphrase in Title Element & Page Title using H Tags WILL

2. Keyphrase in links within your website to the specific page WILL

3. Keyphrase in links to your website WILL

4. More pages [assume articles, news, blog posts, forum posts, etc. in a sub-hierarchy design all usig 1-3 with links to the pages you wish ranked WILL

5. Repeat 1-4.
  7. No Profile Picture

Ok, and as far as backlinks, I feel like I've submitted to search engines, and other sites, but when I see which sites are linking to me there are few if any.

IF I spend a lot of time each day trying to find sites to swap links with, and only end up getting 1 site per week to agree to exchange, will that really do very much?
  9. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Ok, and as far as backlinks, I feel like I've submitted to search engines,
    You don't need to submit to search engine... links from other websites will get search engines to your website.

...and other sites, but when I see which sites are linking to me there are few if any.

IF I spend a lot of time each day trying to find sites to swap links with, and only end up getting 1 site per week to agree to exchange, will that really do very much?
    Well it could be the "arrangement"... have you place a directory and added a variety of organization categories?

You need to address this from the reverse vantagepoint... what you other website owners want?

A 'quality' link - so how do you give them that? Answer that question - and your problem is solved.