#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4

    http://www.militaryscalemodelling.com/


    Hi all!

    Ive since september I've had a traffic drop of about 70%.
    I've not found a solution since

    But by now I have permission to request for a site review, so any help would be greatly appreciated
    Military Scale Modelling!

    Thanks in advance!
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,283
    Rep Power
    514
    First off. Where was your traffic coming from (and if appropriate on what key terms).
    Which traffic fell off.
    What if anything have you done to the site to try to regain traffic or within a month or so of the drop off.
  4. #3
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    1942
    Get a new host.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4
    Thanks for the quick input guys!

    Originally Posted by realityhack
    First off. Where was your traffic coming from (and if appropriate on what key terms).
    Which traffic fell off.
    What if anything have you done to the site to try to regain traffic or within a month or so of the drop off.
    I have adressed this issue in a topic the 12th of october. Please read trough the post and let me know what else you need to know to help me out.
    Here is the topic: forums . seochat . com/search-engine-optimization-28/why-did-i-lost-so-many-pageviews-per-day-462605.html
    Thanks for the effort!

    Originally Posted by joshz
    Get a new host.
    Could you please be more specific on why I would need a new host? Is it to slow? And what do I need to check according to you, when getting a new host?

    Originally Posted by rosarionet
    I have checked your website using gtmetrix dot com and noticed that the stats are too low. Your website needs serious revision and on-page optimization. Since the total size is 2.67 MB I wuld strongly recommend you CDN.
    Thanks for helping!
    Can you be more specific on the on-page-optimization? for speed or SEO? And what do you mean by "I wuld strongly recommend you CDN" ?
    Sorry have no experience with that.

    Thanks to all!
  8. #5
  9. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    1591
    All links from the forum are NoFollow fyi.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4
    Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    All links from the forum are NoFollow fyi.
    Ok great, but whats that got to do with this if I may ask?
    That I should not add a "link" like this: "forums . seochat . com/search-engine-optimization-28/why-did-i-lost-so-many-pageviews-per-day-462605.html"?
    but instead use the real link? : Why did i lost so many pageviews per day? ?

    Comments on this post

    • DarrenHaye agrees : woops was the forum not you, sorry about that.
  12. #7
  13. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    1591
    Ok great, but whats that got to do with this if I may ask?
    Oh my bad, the way the anchor text was "Military Scale Modeling!" looked like you were doing it for a link.. I now realise the new forum makes them that way, sorry about that, my apologies.
    Last edited by DarrenHaye; Dec 12th, 2012 at 12:52 PM.
  14. #8
  15. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    1591
    As for your site, as Josh said you should spend $5 a month for a proper host, install a nice wordpress theme.. customize it a bit.

    As a visitor, having links at the top is a very strange choice and looks horrible.

    What's the selling point of your site? the finished models and how good they look right? so then people are interested in your logs, reviews etc

    Surely you should be trying to display them more prominently on your homepage? not just lists of links.
  16. #9
  17. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    1942
    Your host sucks. It's slower than whale crap. It times out. I would check HostGator if you're in the US. If you're in the UK Darren might know a better source.
  18. #10
  19. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    1591
    Originally Posted by joshz
    Your host sucks. It's slower than whale crap. It times out. I would check HostGator if you're in the US. If you're in the UK Darren might know a better source.
    Oh my bad again.. I assumed he was free hosting on blogger from the site, looks like a blogger template.

    I keep making wrong assumptions today.

    I would get a better wordpress theme and if you want a good wordpress UK host I would go for https://www.tsohost.com/ - cost effective, good for wodpresss and very helpful support.

    Comments on this post

    • Test-ok agrees : That's 2 you 'my bads' in 1 day...put this hat on and go sit on that stool in the corner. lol...JK
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4
    Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Oh my bad, the way the anchor text was "Military Scale Modeling!" looked like you were doing it for a link.. I now realise the new forum makes them that way, sorry about that, my apologies.
    Oh, ok I understand. Yeah i was surprised as well the first time I saw that...
    No problem!


    Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    As for your site, as Josh said you should spend $5 a month for a proper host, install a nice wordpress theme.. customize it a bit.
    As a visitor, having links at the top is a very strange choice and looks horrible.
    What's the selling point of your site? the finished models and how good they look right? so then people are interested in your logs, reviews etc
    Surely you should be trying to display them more prominently on your homepage? not just lists of links.
    Im from The Netherlands, Europe. would it be a problem to be on a host outside of my country?
    I thought this theme was pretty nice... a shame to hear you dont like it. I got a subscription at Home - YOOtheme and can choose between all the themes. If you got the time you could take a look on their wordpress themes, would like to hear what you think is a nice theme.
    I will look into a new refreshing theme.

    Yeah the "selling point" is like you said. Promoting my models and getting free samples to sponsor my hobby (which succeeded). Do you like my slider on the home pages? thats a example of what you mean by "display them more prominently on your homepage" right?
    I will look into adding new sliders or some similar stuff.
    Thanks for your input Darren! Appreciate it


    Originally Posted by joshz
    Your host sucks. It's slower than whale crap. It times out. I would check HostGator if you're in the US. If you're in the UK Darren might know a better source.
    Ok I understand, Seems like people outside of The Netherlands experience way slower load times then I do. Good to know that!!


    Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Oh my bad again.. I assumed he was free hosting on blogger from the site, looks like a blogger template.


    I keep making wrong assumptions today.


    I would get a better wordpress theme and if you want a good wordpress UK host I would go for https://www.tsohost.com/ - cost effective, good for wodpresss and very helpful support.
    Haha, funny to hear
    That host you suggested, would it be smart to choose that one if I live in Holland? As long as I can pay them it's no problem right?
    English support is fine by me as well.
    As for the wordpress theme, I talked about that in my first answer.

    Thanks for the input both!
  22. #12
  23. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    1942
    Check this out: Web Hosting Netherlands,The I don't know much about your area/hosting but this seems like a decent start to do some hosting research
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4
    Originally Posted by joshz
    Check this out: Web Hosting Netherlands,The I don't know much about your area/hosting but this seems like a decent start to do some hosting research
    Ok, thank you for that.

    I did some research online and found out that when most of your traffic comes from, lets say, the US, it would be wise to take a host from the US.
    I got visitors from 140 different countries and 20% of the total are from the US, the #2 is the UK with 10%

    So it would be smart to go with Hostgator then right?
  26. #14
  27. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, Uk
    Posts
    2,670
    Rep Power
    1591
    Originally Posted by boriskamp1991
    Ok, thank you for that.

    I did some research online and found out that when most of your traffic comes from, lets say, the US, it would be wise to take a host from the US.
    I got visitors from 140 different countries and 20% of the total are from the US, the #2 is the UK with 10%

    So it would be smart to go with Hostgator then right?
    Yes, best to go with hosting in the country you wish to target.

    I think the best way for you to promote your site is probably socially though.. make youtube videos etc, are you doing that?.
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    4
    Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Yes, best to go with hosting in the country you wish to target.

    I think the best way for you to promote your site is probably socially though.. make youtube videos etc, are you doing that?.
    Ok then Ill choose a host from the US.
    Im not yet making youtube vids, Ive heard it before so AM taking that suggestion serious.
    In the future I will see what that can add to my website.

    Darren, would you please take a look at my reply from yesterday? Post #12

    Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads

  1. http://www.ayscanada.com & http://www.ayssecurity.com
    By markiemark70 in forum Public Site Reviews
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 27th, 2010, 01:51 PM
  2. http://www.carondesktop.com and http://www.girlondesktop.com
    By bigu_c in forum Public Site Reviews
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Dec 9th, 2008, 02:13 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
  4. Please review http://http://www.esCupido.com
    By RoDesignWeb in forum Public Site Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 21st, 2005, 04:21 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo