1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

http://www.mauirealestatesearch.com

Aloha all. Please review my site for SEO, user-friendliness, and aesthetics. It is a site that I had designed by Agent Image, although it was a turbulent process (I will not go into details here) and I might change to a designer with a more open back-end system (currently, many changes can only be done by their support staff). Any input would be appreciated (how to improve conversion rate, how to maximize SEO). Thanks.
    Last edited by MauiRealtor; Apr 5th, 2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: title
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Its a really nice site, definatly gotta a summer sun, aqua feel to it,

and the double bordered buttons draw your eye towards the text in the center.

one small thing would be possibly to pre-load the flash instead of having a loading bar when you start the site, so before anything comes on the screen have the flash pre-load in your html head then it will just pop up like magic.

and also possibly stretch out the width of the text box with "maui home and condo blog" to fit the width of the top navigation so it looks more fluid down there (just a suggestion, design wise)

and it seems only your homepage has the feel the rest of the pages are quite vastly different this may confuse the user.

Hope this constructive critisism helps your site,

Thanks

SEOMasters
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by SEO Masters
    Its a really nice site, definatly gotta a summer sun, aqua feel to it,

and the double bordered buttons draw your eye towards the text in the center.

one small thing would be possibly to pre-load the flash instead of having a loading bar when you start the site, so before anything comes on the screen have the flash pre-load in your html head then it will just pop up like magic.

and also possibly stretch out the width of the text box with "maui home and condo blog" to fit the width of the top navigation so it looks more fluid down there (just a suggestion, design wise)

and it seems only your homepage has the feel the rest of the pages are quite vastly different this may confuse the user.

Hope this constructive critisism helps your site,

Thanks

SEOMasters
    SEOmasters, thanks for taking the time to objectively review my site. AgentImage designed the template and I don't have access to edit many parts of the site (including the homepage). Your idea to pre-load the flash is great (I didn't realize that could be done) and I will check how much they would charge to see that. As far as the RSS feed (maui home and condo text box at the bottom), they recently included that as part of a 'comp' for taking so long to finish the project. It looks different than the sample I was shown and to be honest I am not thrilled with it. Does it have any sort of impact on SEO? If not, I might just ask them to remove it. And I also can't access the inner page navigation buttons to make them the same as on the homepage, but I agree that there is not continuity between the hp and rest of the site. I really didn't know that I would NOT have access to so many areas of my site, if I had known I probably would have hired another company. From an SEO perspective, anything else I could improve on?
  7. No Profile Picture

In term of SEO, i think you have fair amount of keywords which is good. Design looks pretty slick i like the gray color makes it look professional. The property search seems a bit confusing, but overall is a good looking site. user friendly
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by mylinkwatch
    In term of SEO, i think you have fair amount of keywords which is good. Design looks pretty slick i like the gray color makes it look professional. The property search seems a bit confusing, but overall is a good looking site. user friendly
    Thanks for the input, mylink. We appreciate members who take the time to objectively critique our site. Best of luck.
  11. No Profile Picture

Nice site but i generally hate long domain names.
  13. seo@robmacdesign.co.uk
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Firstly, I think the site looks great. Really nice design that looks very professional.

I've not had an in depth look, but just from a quick look I'd say your Title elements could be improved slightly. A few have repeated words which is a waste of the real estate (no pun intended ) as you don't gain any value for repetitions. Try re-wording them to avoid the repetition and ensure your most valuable keywords are kept as far to the left as possible.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Afro
    Nice site but i generally hate long domain names.
    Thanks for the input. Although I generally agree with you, being in such a competitive market, most relevant domains are already in use (many of them for over 10 years).

Roberto, thanks for your insight. I definitely see what you mean about repetitive keywords and I will start working on using them more efficiently/effectively.
  17. Ghost SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Robertomac
    Firstly, I think the site looks great. Really nice design that looks very professional.

I've not had an in depth look, but just from a quick look I'd say your Title elements could be improved slightly. A few have repeated words which is a waste of the real estate (no pun intended ) as you don't gain any value for repetitions. Try re-wording them to avoid the repetition and ensure your most valuable keywords are kept as far to the left as possible.
    I've taken a look at your site, and I'd have to agree with Robertomac. Your site structure is ok, and as far as relevancy is concerned you're doing fine, but just as Robertomac said, there is a fair amount of redundancy in your keywords. Everything else looks fine.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by manray
    I've taken a look at your site, and I'd have to agree with Robertomac. Your site structure is ok, and as far as relevancy is concerned you're doing fine, but just as Robertomac said, there is a fair amount of redundancy in your keywords. Everything else looks fine.
    Much appreciated. I'm actually working on that as we speak (except for the homepage, I have to submit those as work orders).
  21. Ghost SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by MauiRealtor
    Much appreciated. I'm actually working on that as we speak (except for the homepage, I have to submit those as work orders).
    Great! I would very much love to see the result, please keep us posted on your progress as others in the community here may very well want to give you their input and suggestions.
  23. No Profile Picture

the background makes it hard to see the text
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by manray
    Great! I would very much love to see the result, please keep us posted on your progress as others in the community here may very well want to give you their input and suggestions.
    Sorry for not updating sooner. I have made the corrections and redundancy is at a minimum (if at all).

Question though: I have read that having a folder is much better than having a subdomain, does that hold true to real estate sites? I have my IDX through a RETS feed (which is expensive) and initially it was set up as a folder (http://www.mauirealestatesearch.com/property-search-f27933.html) but the webdesigners couldn't get the frame to fit without ugly scroll bars so it was done as a subdomain on my IDX vendors site (http://www.mauirealestatesearch.idxco.com). And now I had them set up a new CNAME and use it as a subdomain on my root domain (http://listings.mauirealestatesearch.com). I'm getting more pages indexed now by G (from 250 to 330) and Y (from 500 to 1,900). Any input on this (specially from SEOs with real estate experience).

Thanks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo