1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Http://www.beds.sg

This is an ecommerce site dealing in beds and mattress in Singapore. There is a blog attached and the site is active in charity work. The site has been operating for 2 years, most of the traffic comes from adwords.

Competitor sites are ranking higher with lesser links and lesser link quality.(according to various seo tools) My ranking is almost non-existence (only found on page 3 onwards) whereas competitors are all on page 1. Will need advice on the site structure and coding that potentially might cause problems to my SERPs.

I will deeply appreciate advice on from a SEO point of view, and need help in getting a general direction on creating suitable link baits for the site. (It seems creating linkbaits for ecommerce sites are particularly difficult)

Any advice will be much appreciated. Please let me know if any further information is required for the site review.

Many thanks in advance!
    Last edited by naveedlee; Sep 10th, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It's been 7 days without a reply, so I just thought of refreshing the last date posted, to show that I am still very much interested in getting some help....
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I'll say at the outset that I really like the color scheme and layout of the site. Your navigation is way over done. You only need what your have on top. Why confuse the page? Home, about us, etc. at the top is good. Mattress Bed Frames Bedroom Furniture Kids' Furniture Bedding Accessories
    Just below that is on the left as well and more detailed. I would lose the upper ones.
    Most of your navigation bottom center has already been covered elsewhere. I would lose any that are repeats.
    As far as SEO I assume mattress is your main keyword. Here are the densities:
    Title: 2: 8: 25%
    Body: 32: 1049: 3.1%
    H1/H2/H3: 1: 3: 33.3%
    Links: 21: 339: 6.2%
    Bold: 10: 178: 5.6%
    Meta description: 2: 21: 9.5%
    Meta keywords: 2: 11: 18.2%
    The title I would get up to 40-50%
    The body is way too low.
    Header tags good.
    The description and keyword density is way low.
    I would suggest you optimize for beds as well. Your densities for this keyword are almost non existent.
    I don't see any reason for "Singapore" in your meta tags at all. You need to optimize for search terms. Who types in mattress Singapore?
    I did a reverse search for mattress Singapore. The average searches monthly and globally as well is 13. Get rid of the excess verbiage in all of your tags and get a higher density for Mattress and Beds. Then you will rank well. Actually, I couldn't find mattress Singapore on the page anywhere. Any keyword phrase or single keyword you list has to be used in the body of text on the page.
    Well, I got a little long winded there but I hope I have helped your understanding of SEO.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just a list of what I see:

1. Title of the page should be no more than 70 Charactors and you are at 71 (seems like a small thing but makes a difference)
    2. Your Meta description should be 150 characters max and yours is 165 so you may want to think about making it a bit shorter.
    3. There are font tags within your page source code and you should place all of the style related information within a Stylesheet instead.
    4. Way too many images although worst case you need to put alt tags on them which you are missing on at least 100 images. ( would list them but too many)

Overall great job though. You should look at reducing the number of images most importantly.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo