1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Hotel Booking site that I started working at

Hi all,
    I would love to hear your insights, suggestions and recommendations regarding my newest project I joined.

The site is HotelsClick.com

Thank you for the help !
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The site is pretty slow to respond. Perhaps cache some of the larger elements so Google doesn't need to load them every time. Also, I'm not seeing any static content on category pages. You're missing out on opportunities to optimize these pages for valuable keywords.

Other than a few directories, the backlinks look pretty solid!

Comments on this post

• SeoKungFu agrees : Thank You !
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Anyone else ?
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The photography can be better:

- generic stock photo of hand over bell tells me the site is less than high quality.
    - granted flowers are in bloom by the 2nd of June, I don't see how that's got anything to do with booking a hotel for the break.
    I don't know who celebrates such a break btw - UK? Pretty sure not the US or Canada, in which case a local extension for your domain might make sense.

- The form has some field labels laid out above the field, and some to the side. Not a big deal, but it looks less professional and likely lowers conversion slightly.
    - The name and full functionality suffer from a disconnect. Would you go to HotelsClick for yachts, ferries, flights, transfers or attractions? Granted that the competition increasingly do "everything" and that you want to, I think the name is too restrictive

- Your pricing is very clever / well done in the Europe/Italy/Worldwide boxes, assuming you want people to book the 4 star "high value, cheaper price" places?

- If I type a city name, then don't immediately select one of the dropdown options, you erase what I typed. I guarantee that's not making any users happy. Leave what I typed in place.
    - The form asks for age of child, but doesn't give a field, let alone allow me to specify if there are children
    - The form asks me whether I only want to see available hotels - why would anyone not click this? I can't imagine a reason, so make this default and just remove the option from the form. If there is a use case, you can include it under an advanced search option...
    - You're asking for a promotional code right in the search form, which is early. Usually that's entered in the cart at checkout.

Comments on this post

• SeoKungFu agrees : Thank you so much for the review !