1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Help With Design - Any Examples?

Hello All,

I have a client (Company A) who has bought out one of their local competitors (Company B). I need to design a page that will sit on Company B's domain announcing that Company B is no longer in business and has been acquired by Company A, and that Company A provides all the same local services that were previously provided by Company B.

I am planning on building this page and having a link that will go to Company A's site, but was wondering about 2 ideas and was hoping for some input. Should I:
    1. Have the link from Company B site point to a "Press Release" on Company A site?
    2. List the services on Company B site and link them to the service pages on Company A site

I'm not sure what will be better and would love to hear your thoughts/ideas.

Also, I think I will want to co-brand the page I'm building to include both the original logo of Company B and the logo for Company A...

Have any of you done something like this and are you willing to share some design ideas? If you've come across similar pages online, I'd love some links to look over.

Thanks all!
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein
  3. Contributing User

Is what i'm saying making sense? I see the post is getting views, but no responses. Let me know if there's anything i can be more clear about

Thanks!
  5. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Mainstwebguy,

Are you just looking for a design example of a splash page stating that brand A was bought by or is now brand B? There should be a lot of cheap templates to be modifyed on themeforest.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  7. Contributing User

Thanks Pierre,

I did check there for some inspiration, but I guess i was looking for more of a co-branded page... Like when two companies "team up" for an event or cause. I was able to create one that seems to do the trick (at least my client is happy) so I'm all good there.

If they ever get me the rest of the information i need to launch the page, i'll post a link so others can see how i ended up
  9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Glad to see you solved the situation.
    Let's hope your client will like it, I know it's sometimes hard when presenting a design and facing the "I" don't like it, even if everybody else tells it's great
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

The redesign made it easier for visitors to navigate the website. If your visitors are struggling to navigate your site, you can bet itís having a negative effect on your conversions