1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question Grade a site's SEO work? Vegasonesource.com

Greetings all!

I'm am trying to learn SEO from the forums and it's quite overwhelming; dances, sandboxes, PRs, SERPs, does it never end???
    I am hoping, pleading, that someone with more SEO experience would be willing to grade my site's SEO work I've done.
    I realize company's get paid big bucks, but I'm just asking for a grade - pass, modify, fail, go work at Burger King
    and forget webmastering.... This forums seems pretty friendly with offering advice and I"m soooo confused...

I'm trying to SEO my site, www.vegasonesource.com for the main keyword "gay las vegas" - it has been over 60 days
    and nothing is happening in Google so I'm thinking I've done something wrong although I've got it it in the title, metas,
    text, ALT tags, etc. Is 60 days not enough time? I've read other posts where folks made changes in their site and
    it changed in several days for page rank.

Is there a little yellow bus for newbie SEOs I should just get a bus pass for?

Thanks!
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I'd say you had a pretty good bus pass but lost it at the backlinks gate. Your anchor text for your backlinks seems to be your domain name (at least in the ones I checked). Get more backlinks with "gay las vegas" as your link text and watch the rankings climb.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Back links correction to keyword text?

Dazzlindonna,

Thanks so much for your input! So I should followup with sites I've got links with and ask them to either remove any of my banners and put in text for "gay las vegas" with URL http://www.vegasonesource.com or change any text link they may have to the same?

Do my METAs, etc. meet SEO standards? Sorry to be so ig'nant - I'm learnin'

Mike
    Last edited by mhnlv; May 6th, 2004 at 05:49 PM.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Yep, i don't have a problem with your on-page work, just with your backlink anchor text. If you can get current link partners to change the anchor text, that's great. Banners can have alt text added to them. Get MORE backlinks to the site using your keywords and that's even better. The mantra of the day is... "get more backlinks...get more backlinks...get more backlinks" and make sure those backlinks utilize your keywords in the anchor text. (your signature link is perfect)