Thread: Fabuck.com

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Fabuck.com

Hi,
    Have finaly managed to get our company online (if only basically) and am now looking to get it "OUT-THERE". I have added it to a few directories etc but am a bit stumped as what to do next.. Should i stump up cash and go and buy some adword credit? Should i talk to a marketing company? Should i buy some of this "Submission" software? Should i go and look for sites with high PR's and get them to link to me? It's all seems like alot of work from the outset with little garantee that it will generate any sales leads.. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Roja
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by rojabuck
    Hi,
    Have finaly managed to get our company online (if only basically) and am now looking to get it "OUT-THERE". I have added it to a few directories etc but am a bit stumped as what to do next.. Should i stump up cash and go and buy some adword credit? Should i talk to a marketing company? Should i buy some of this "Submission" software? Should i go and look for sites with high PR's and get them to link to me? It's all seems like alot of work from the outset with little garantee that it will generate any sales leads.. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Roja
    Welcome to the forum!

Had a quick look around parts of your site and it looks really good.;)

I personally have a problem with AdWords, i hate google so i hate adwords.
    AdWords: "Webmasters pay for advertising to get above SPAM ignored by Google"

Submission software is a no-no, search engines prefer you to to submit manually, some search engines may ban you if you trying to submit with a program.

You cant go wrong with getting high PR sites to link to you.

You could go and see a marketing company but this normally is expensive. Is there anything we can help with via this board. I take it your purpose is SEO for your site?

Dan
  5. No Profile Picture

Cheers dan..

Well i suppose the question is.. what's the best way to get these high PR sites to link into you? i have tried using one or two programs. "arelis" just seems to return hundreds of sites that are utter tosh and all want reciprical links.. i dont realy want to set up a "links" page on the site, it's hardly professional! So the question is how can i offer these people reciprical links without plastering them all over my site?? Paying for them all seems a bit on the rediculous side, i am inquireing into getting listed on one or two of the bigger sites in exchange for my hard earned dosh but will that help me get people to the site?

I have approched a link broker but have had no reply as yet..

Any recommended ways of finding good topical links for the jewellery trade (jewelry for all ya yanks out there )?

All help is appreciated

Roja
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You might try looking at the directory lists posted in another thread. Some do require a reciprocal link but there are plenty that don't. Granted, a lot of them don't have pr on the pages but they are links and if even one turns into a sale it would be worth it. Some people have good luck with Yahoo as well, but I don't recommend paying to get listed. It is possible to get in for free. You might try a related resources page on your site for your "link partners" Trade only with site related to yours that offers something a customer of yours may want/need/desire. You could also spread the links around on different pages as well.
  9. Contributing User

well i must say your site does look really proffessional
    If you do not want to become a link "partner" of people you could always just find some high PR sites where you can buy a link in their sponsored link section. This way you do not have to give them links back, solving your problem! but you have to pay money but its up to you to put a price on your proffessionalism
  11. No Profile Picture

Cheers dan..

Well i suppose the question is.. what's the best way to get these high PR sites to link into you? i have tried using one or two programs. "arelis" just seems to return hundreds of sites that are utter tosh and all want reciprical links.. i dont realy want to set up a "links" page on the site, it's hardly professional! So the question is how can i offer these people reciprical links without plastering them all over my site?? Paying for them all seems a bit on the rediculous side, i am inquireing into getting listed on one or two of the bigger sites in exchange for my hard earned dosh but will that help me get people to the site?

I have approched a link broker but have had no reply as yet..

Any recommended ways of finding good topical links for the jewellery trade (jewelry for all ya yanks out there )?

All help is appreciated

Roja
    They are blackhat ways for you to swap links with other sites so google sees it and your visitors dont. You probably get penalised for it sooner or later though.

Dan

p.s. try searching google, i will look for some for you..
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Very nice website! The only problem I know is that it is difficult to get a flash website on google, as you don't have internal text links.
    I agree with Dan, it is always very good to get high PR links ;) it will improve your GG rank, but it can be more or less complicated depending of your competitors...
    To find high PR related websites, use Google and Google directory
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

i dont realy want to set up a "links" page on the site, it's hardly professional!
    Roja
    I think you are thinking about it the wrong way. I think you can be very professional and still "link" to other sites. Why not have a helpful resources page that has links that your customers would find useful (about how jewelry is made, a site on where the jewelry comes from, etc). They may follow the links and come off your site but if you have an excellent resource page it may bring you business or convince people to bookmark you. The added benefit of search engine positioning will just be an added bonus when you add the reciprical link. Typically you get these through an email (which I have posted before)

I also buy links but not just based on PR..I make an advertising decision based on the relativity of the site I am putting it on and the traffic and I have gotten sales from my links in addition to rankings due to the anchor text and the PR.

"Links" pages are long lists of unrelated links
    "Resources" "Partners" can be great non spammy pages that keep the customers coming to you and help your site.

It's all about balance.
  17. No Profile Picture

Well i have to thank you all for your compliments about the site Most appreciate..
    The site does have a HTML/JPEG version which is linked from the front page, do you think it would be worth my time knocking up some sort of php whereby if a cirtain type of hit (spider etc..) hit's the site then it brings up the html version of the site as apposed to the flash? Also does nameing images differently make any difference to the indexing? fabuck_rolex.jpg etc..

The problem we are going to face with this is that it's obvious that there are a number of jewellers out there look #1-#5 that are quite obviously farming links like mad, so i basically need some way of getting PR7+ without linking to every other jeweller in the world in the process..

Does google adsence improve PR? Are there any "real" companies out there who do online marketing stratagies?

At the end of the day i am a jeweller, not an advertising exec so i dont suppose without investing a great deal of money there is any chance of getting up there with the people at the top.. or is there?

I have approched a number of jewellery resource sites to add links but am still not 100% sure of the investment..

Keep the advice comming,
    Your All Stars!

Roja

P.S. how long after googlebot spiders your site is it before it gets listed?
  19. No Profile Picture

Well i have to thank you all for your compliments about the site Most appreciate..
    The site does have a HTML/JPEG version which is linked from the front page, do you think it would be worth my time knocking up some sort of php whereby if a cirtain type of hit (spider etc..) hit's the site then it brings up the html version of the site as apposed to the flash? Also does nameing images differently make any difference to the indexing? fabuck_rolex.jpg etc..
    You can do that but its known as a "Blackhat" technique and you could be penalised for it.

Dan
  21. No Profile Picture

oh.. well dont want to be doing that then!

also i have various domains for the site.. infact i have about 15 of them.. just to stop squatters really.. should i add them to the directorys too? sepertatly from the main domain name?

also does it make much difference about topic types of the sites listed? or is there PR more important? I mean should i buy any old link from a pr8 site?

Cheers
    roja
  23. No Profile Picture

oh.. well dont want to be doing that then!

also i have various domains for the site.. infact i have about 15 of them.. just to stop squatters really.. should i add them to the directorys too? sepertatly from the main domain name?

also does it make much difference about topic types of the sites listed? or is there PR more important? I mean should i buy any old link from a pr8 site?

Cheers
    roja
    You have 15 domains...you should not submit all those sites to dmoz as they dont like duplicate sites or redirected sites submited.

You should create a few smaller sites with different content which links to the main sites, this depends at the end of the day of what the domains are i suppose.

Dan

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo