1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Can I infer anything from good MSN SERP position and very poor Google SERP position?

Hello,

I have quite good SERP ranking in MSN but very poor in Google. Iím wondering if anything can be inferred from this and whether it indicates that Iím doing something wrong.

My website [www.laptopeasel.co.uk] has been up for about 3 months. Itís for an ergonomic laptop stand which I developed.

The search I am targeting is ďlaptop standĒ. For this I have #1 and #27 positions in search.msn.co.uk and .com respectively. However in Google, I am at 400+ and non-existent for google.co.uk and .com respectively.

Iím not blacklisted in Google as they find me if I search ďlaptopeaselĒ. I have approximately 10 backlinks, only a few of which are from PR > 0 pages, and most are reciprocal links.

Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Malcolm
    www.laptopeasel.co.uk
    Last edited by FogHorn; Jul 10th, 2006 at 07:24 PM. Reason: link removed
  3. Contributing User

Get more links, write content and it will get better. Also it's really new site, 3 months are nothing.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

This is almost the same thread that you had at: http://forums.seochat.com/showthread.php?p=356879#post356879 where you had a live link that was removed! So you do a similar post with a live link again:
    I can assure you, that you will not succeed in developing a business by spamming forums and wasting volunteer moderator's time, no matter how subtle.

raz
    #include <Cognac.h> -The only code I know How to Write!
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

anyways, now that raz has vented....

WELCOME TO THE SANDBOX

come back in 3-5 months if you haven't started to move up in google, and buildlinks like that other guy said.

top places in msn and yahoo early are good signs.
  9. No Profile Picture

jumping the gun

Djstreet and Jascos8, thanks for the good feedback

Raz - you're might jumping the gun a bit, mate.

Firstly I didn't realise that you couldn't include a link to the site you were discussing (what's the hyperlink insert for?), and I didn't even notice that the link in my first post had been testified. So I was unaware I had done anything wrong.

Secondly, this posting is quite different from the first. I thought that was the idea - keep postings to one topic or question. Would you rather a long rambling posting with multiple questions and no focus?

I've never spammed anything, and I certainly wasn't trying to waste moderatorís time. Perhaps you waste your own time, by jumping on first-time posters whoíve made a simple mistake?

Cheers

Malcolm
  11. Contributing User

OK then, I stand corrected and welcome to the forum.

BTW, I lived in Crawley, Sussex for 2 years (about 35 miles or so south of you). Went to college there.

raz
    Last edited by raz; Jul 11th, 2006 at 03:13 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hi Raz,

Thanks the reply. No problem and no offence taken - these forums are much like emails. It's very easy to give or take the wrong impression and I'm sure moderators are mostly correct when something looks spammy.

I try to give a full background when I post, rather than asking "Tell me how to make my website #1 in all search engines. Please give full answer."

Yes, I know Crawley - Gatwick. I'm also an import - from NZ, but have lived in the UK on and off for eight years. I also spent a couple of years working in Chicago (for CNA) and my wife is from Detroit. We're moving back to NZ next year.

Small world.

Kind regards

Malcolm
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by malcolmmacaulay
    ..........................Small world...........

Malcolm
    Indeed it is.
    raz
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Arrow

i think the good msn ranking and poor google ranking is simply because ur site hasn't been around for long and google place a lot of emphasis in age of a site, as part of their anti-spam battle. msn are quicker to update and give high ranks to new sites in general.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo