1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Basic Site, can anyone have a quick scan?

Hi all,

I've recently redesigned my site to target a different audience. I'm finally getting some time dedicated to working solely on increasing the traffic to the site.

If anyone could have a quick scan over the site and let me know if there are any no-no's I'm making without realising it it would be greatly appreciated.

civvystreetmagazine.co.uk

Ta
    Mark
    Last edited by dzine; Sep 3rd, 2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: delinked, then moved and approved
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Mark,

I like that your value proposition is front and center and you have a good call to action right there.

From a user's perspective, perhaps they might only want to subscribe for job opportunities in a particular field? Is it possible to give that option? Perhaps ad some checkboxes that fill in some info in the email list database (i.e. merge fields).

- A tagline for the site explaining that it's for ex-military personnel looking for jobs in civilian life might clarify things, as well. I only understood who the site's audience was when I read testimonials. It looks like you have that in the print edition: Monthly Resettlement Guide... perhaps something mentioning "for ex-military personnel" or for "military service leavers" like one ad mentioned. Or just Military Resettlement Guide like you have in your title tag.

- It wasn't clear why project management was highlighted - maybe you can put an indicator before your feature article e.g. "This month: Spotlight on Project Management "
    Working on rock the pitch, my soccer site.
    I also offer CRO consulting & split testing services. PM me if you want a higher conversion rate / help figuring out what to test.
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Also, you may want to rethink how you display logos on the homepage, because they're mostly illegible.