Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Per Per Click Question.

If the same person/ip address keeps clicking on your ads do you get charged for each click or do you only pay for individual IP clicks ?

Thank you
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You get charged for each click. If you can however block certain IP addresses if you can identify them. Some jerks go out and click on their competitors ads until their budget dries up.
    Follow me on Twitter for SEO tips @NickLeRoy
  5. No Profile Picture

Thats what i was afraid of !

Is there anyway to identify them ?

Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture

The best way to detect the fraud clicks is to check for an unusually high number of clicks from one IP address and collect all evidence of times and unusual spikes in traffic and create a report. Google will then assess your account and examine the evidence you provide and if successful you can claim back the money you spent on fraudulent clicks. You can then use the IP Exclusion Tool in Adwords Tools (in the "Opportunities" tab) to exclude this IP address to prevent any future unwanted clicks.
  9. No Profile Picture

Super thanks for that guys
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Better option is to remain away from PPC deals as they are really critical and time consuming to track such artificial clicks . Purchasing Banner advertisement with a flat rate on periodical basis is what I would prefer than PPC.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Actually the major PPC providers (google, merkysoft) do make some small attempts at preventing click fraud. It is still a problem but much less of one that it was a few years back.

Unfortunately there is only a small incentive for them to do a particularly good job at it.

So the correct answer is that you will *sometimes* be charged for those clicks. But if one computer without attempting to hide it's identity in any way clicks on your ad 20 times in a min. you *likely* won't be charged for all 20 clicks.

If your running CPCs in the $1+ or multi-dollar range you should definitely study up on click fraud and how to track/prevent/recoup it. If you are running at $0.20 I wouldn't worry too much about it beyond watching your cost per conversion in general. If you see a dive you will already be poking around to see what happened.

Use a daily spend budget to keep things within your financial reach. This has the added benefit that if you bid on a word that you didn't realize would attract TONS of low quality traffic then you don't get killed.
    For example some movie studio announces an animated movie with your keyword as the title... do you know how may kids will click on Home Depot looking for 'Bolt' the dog from the movie? Very costly.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Lester
    Better option is to remain away from PPC deals as they are really critical and time consuming to track such artificial clicks . Purchasing Banner advertisement with a flat rate on periodical basis is what I would prefer than PPC.
    I completely disagree. Despite the issues with PPC it is a very good source of positive ROI (even after time spent) for most e-retailers and loads of other sites. Overstock, Amazon, Zappos, etc. are not taking out PPC ads because they thing the people at Google are underpaid.

To boot many sites see VERY low ROI from banner advertisements. I would need a CPM in the range of $0.02 or something to make them worth it even on relevant sites.

There is no one size fits all and PPC is part of most online marketing strategies for good reason.
  17. No Profile Picture
    ppcguy.net
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I've been testing by clicking my own ads lot recently. It's cool because Google shows five clicks after I click it 5 times, but later when I look Google discount the other four and only count one so that shows that Google do have fraud detection in place. If you are worried about it drop them an email asking them to monitor your account more closely, that's what I did...

Maybe click fraud isn't your problem. The issue could be with your landing page. You should be able to poinpoint your problem using stats that show IP's, like statcounter.

Comments on this post

• realityhack agrees
    Last edited by seogoat; May 10th, 2011 at 01:15 AM.
  19. No Profile Picture

There are some programs that can block the IP address and allow it to click just once every 24 hours .

Comments on this post

• realityhack : Not for Google adwords or Adcenter which is what we are discussing.
  21. No Profile Picture

Click Fraud

As posts above if you see suspicious activity then report it but The big guns are hot on this nowadays and if you check out your billing you will see click credits from them where this sort of thing may have happened. This was a big drawback back in the day but not really done that much anymore what does it achieve?! As mentioned too add you main competitors IP's as barred when you start up advertising as a rule this may help...
    Last edited by Clickvision PPC; May 10th, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by crystal.barba
    Yes this is major issues of click fraud but can anybody let me know if we get fraud clicks how to report it to google and get ur money back ........????
    I don't have the URL on hand. Just go through the adwords help and search for click fraud or report fraud. They should have a page of directions as to what you need to do to report the abuse.

ETA you better be completely sure you have fraudulent clicks and prepared to prove it with logs. They are presumed legit until proven otherwise.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Click fraud is not as big a problem as most people will make you think. There are systems in place to catch it. Google says they catch fraud before it will even show up in your account so seogoat's test is surprising that all five of his clicks did show. But he did get reimbursed for four of them. I've done this sort of test too with the same results and that was years ago. The system works and click fraud should not be your main worry.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Jai

PPC Clicks

from my experience i see that clicking from same ip address dont make your every click count..As per my opinion same ip address click upto 12 hours count as one no matter how many time clicks come from that ip address within those 12 hours
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

PPC and Blocked IPs

I would have to say PPC is a great marketing avenue but it does have its pitfalls. I would pay attention to your competition and if you can figure out their IP address have it blocked just for the heck of it.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: