#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Can I know my competitors budget ?


    Is there a way to find my competitors budget ?

    I started my first campaign on 2nd week of June and the ad was shown at right last position when I pay 30 cents per click(not so competitive keyword) then I increased to 60 cents and moved to 2nd position..next morning my ad got disappeared. I tried many ways increasing the cost and I lost some $300 in a week. As a newbie I think thats too much and I got good response too but most of the click where from one of my competitors place. That is really not a good business...That is the reason to know the competitors budget. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  2. #2
  3. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    AMRAY - 10 years old Free Web Directory
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jackjohn
    That is the reason to know the competitors budget. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Why not his bank account or better yet combination to his safe?

    fastreplies
  4. #3
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    869
    Rep Power
    368
    As far as I know, there is no way you can find out your competitor's budget...and that's a good thing. Would you want them to be able to find out YOUR budget?
  6. #4
  7. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    AMRAY - 10 years old Free Web Directory
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by terriwells
    As far as I know, there is no way you can find out your competitor's budget...and that's a good thing. Would you want them to be able to find out YOUR budget?
    LOL, they don't have to ask... he's disclosing his budget in his own post



    fastreplies
  8. #5
  9. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Zebulon, North Carolina USA
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    394

    Pay Per Click


    Originally Posted by jackjohn
    Is there a way to find my competitors budget ?

    I started my first campaign on 2nd week of June and the ad was shown at right last position when I pay 30 cents per click(not so competitive keyword) then I increased to 60 cents and moved to 2nd position..next morning my ad got disappeared. I tried many ways increasing the cost and I lost some $300 in a week. As a newbie I think thats too much and I got good response too but most of the click where from one of my competitors place. That is really not a good business...That is the reason to know the competitors budget. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    1. Don't try to be number one, it will just burn money.

    Shoot for some where just above the fold, position 3-4. This seems to be best bang for the buck imo.
    Originally Posted by jackjohn
    but most of the click where from one of my competitors place.
    How do you know this ? As you describe this, this could be considered click fraud. If all the facts are correct I would report this to Google, they will issue credit to you if there is in fact click fraud.
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  10. #6
  11. Extremely Googled
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Rep Power
    496
    I dunno about budget but you can see how well you're doing with your bids by using auction insights
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,762
    Rep Power
    2478
    If you are bidding against anyone savvy and serious there will be no budget. They will shovel money into any ad that is pulling profitable customers.

    Why would they have a budget? That would be like putting a throttle on profits? Duh?
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    0
    AdWords position is not just budget, but quality score. In two weeks it is unlikely you would have had the same quality score as your competitor.

    If your quality score was say 3/10, and your competitors was 9/10 your competitor would probably be paying a lot less for top position that you were paying for position 4 or 5.

    You obviously are not expert yet, and if you are thinking of spending $500 / week you probably would get better value for money paying for an expert.

    If you plan to spend less than $500 / week and do it yourself, you need to do some studying of AdWords
  16. #9
  17. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    15,166
    Rep Power
    1948
    Originally Posted by jackjohn
    Is there a way to find my competitors budget ?
    Call 'em up and ask.

    Don't laugh...
    pitch it as a survey where they can win an iPad 3.0 or a iPhone 4.0.

    Does it really matter if your sampling rate is "1"... if you get the information you need.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you for all your comments. I think PPC is not a good start for my keyword. I thought this would drive my website a good score but that doesn't happen. I pay money for each visitors(who are not going to be my customer). I think that wont suit for my business. I will make some pretty good money and then go for PPC later.
  20. #11
  21. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    15,166
    Rep Power
    1948
    Originally Posted by jackjohn
    Thank you for all your comments. I think PPC is not a good start for my keyword. I thought this would drive my website a good score but that doesn't happen. I pay money for each visitors(who are not going to be my customer). I think that wont suit for my business. I will make some pretty good money and then go for PPC later.
    You must build. Reputation first nd that takes 6 weeks of data compiling for Google to return your quality score.

    It's the different between paying $2.00 for #1 slot or $0.50 for the same slot with your preferred quality score.

    Obviously short run campaigns Google makes limited return so long term customers get better deals and price breaks.
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by fathom
    You must build. Reputation first nd that takes 6 weeks of data compiling for Google to return your quality score.

    It's the different between paying $2.00 for #1 slot or $0.50 for the same slot with your preferred quality score.

    Obviously short run campaigns Google makes limited return so long term customers get better deals and price breaks.
    Thank you fathom.

Similar Threads

  1. PPC 101 Training
    By GaryTheScubaGuy in forum Google Adwords
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Apr 30th, 2012, 01:52 AM
  2. Google SEO budget
    By jwatsonl in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Dec 21st, 2006, 04:24 AM
  3. Best way to distribute budget?
    By grisley3 in forum Google Adwords
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Dec 18th, 2006, 07:25 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13th, 2006, 02:34 AM
  5. How to find your competitors affiliates?
    By sgroup in forum Affiliate Marketing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo