1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Why do i get such a high bounce rate?

Hi,
    I am currently doing a PPC campaign for Oven Gloves - that is my landing page.

But virtually everyone who goes onto that page stays on it for 0-5 seconds then leaves!

How do you think i can stop this and increase the conversion rate? Do you think theres maybe something in the images, design, text, etc i can do to improve?

Thanks!
  3. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

It could be any number of things. Visitors are not finding the information they are looking for, the search term that brought them there wasnt very targeted and not what they wanted, the product was not what they expected, pricing, too much going on the page, not enough images....

I personally think you can do better with the main image. It is quite blurry. My interpretation is that you are a company running out of your garage just be seeing that photo. I happen to like your design though.

Try working on one thing at a time both on the site and in your campaign. This way it will help you determine the possible cause for your high bounce rate. If you do too much at once, you'll never really know what the issue was and how to prevent it down the road. Maybe you can contact your past buyers and get some feedback about their experience. They may be able to tell you something that you are overlooking.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the reply! I think you are right the image is very blury and doesn't look very good so i am definetely going to have to get that changed!

However the wierd thing is that when i started the PPC campaign in the first day i got 2 sales (and i had a much smaller budget). So since then i increased the budget and i haven't made any more sales for the last 7 days.

I think ill pause this campaign and focus on a different product, as them oven gloves might have just been a lucky one-off sale.
    Last edited by x-termin8or; Jan 27th, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
  7. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by x-termin8or
    Hi,
    I am currently doing a PPC campaign for Oven Gloves - that is my landing page.

But virtually everyone who goes onto that page stays on it for 0-5 seconds then leaves!

How do you think i can stop this and increase the conversion rate? Do you think theres maybe something in the images, design, text, etc i can do to improve?

Thanks!
    Try a more specific and direct keywords, a few suggestions:
    silicone oven glove
    buy silicone oven glove
    buy silicone oven gloves
    silicone oven gloves

Running adwords is tricky, those keywords must match exactly with the one looked by your potential customer, or else it will bounce.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ok thanks ill give that a go.

Just a quick, related question, in my google adwords control panel it says that the Conversion rate for this keyword is 95% and that i have made 57 conversions... but this information isn't true so i have no idea where they are getting this information from?
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with Emerson, include the word silicone in your keywords. As a baker, when I think of oven gloves I think of the soft cozy type with insulation, (possibly even with a cute pattern to match my potholders or dishtowels) when I saw the picture of your oven gloves, I thought of the wobbly jelly like dishwashing gloves that I hate to wear! Unless I was aware of the silicone oven gloves, and wanted them specifically, I would also immediately click off the ad. Please don't take any offense, lol, but I am speaking as a cook and baker now.

Faith
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Faith
    I agree with Emerson, include the word silicone in your keywords. As a baker, when I think of oven gloves I think of the soft cozy type with insulation, (possibly even with a cute pattern to match my potholders or dishtowels) when I saw the picture of your oven gloves, I thought of the wobbly jelly like dishwashing gloves that I hate to wear! Unless I was aware of the silicone oven gloves, and wanted them specifically, I would also immediately click off the ad. Please don't take any offense, lol, but I am speaking as a cook and baker now.

Faith
    Yes, it makes complete sense - that would definetely explain the high bounce rate! Thanks for the honest feedback. I have now changed it to silicone oven gloves and i am now focusing on more specific keywords.

The only problem with these KW now is that they get low search volume, but at least hopefully the conversion rate should be higher.
  15. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

the problem in the landing page. . . maybe the site is very slow and the users didn't see what they want to see right away or they don't like the layout, colors and designs.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by x-termin8or
    Ok thanks ill give that a go.

Just a quick, related question, in my google adwords control panel it says that the Conversion rate for this keyword is 95% and that i have made 57 conversions... but this information isn't true so i have no idea where they are getting this information from?
    Hi x-termin8or,

Sounds like you have your conversion tracking code in the wrong place. It needs to be placed on the "Thank You" page that customers are redirected to after they complete their purchase. If you placed this code in a common shared footer file it will generate false positives.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yep I'm pretty sure it's in the right place... in fact in Google analytics it displays the accurate conversion rate and amount of conversions... I'm not sure why though in Google adwords and google analytics both display different conversion details... isn't it the same code for both?
  21. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

I dont think it is the same code. The AdWords conversions tracks separate conversions that you set up within AdWords. Analytics has it's own code for tracking likely the same conversions but the code is different.

I havent personally played with the AdWords conversions just yet so I am limited with the information I can provide on it. Sorry
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi

Lb1878 is correct, AdWords conversion tracking is a totally separate system from Google Analytics and requires it's own code snippet.

Sounds like the mystery is solved, please let us know if this allows you to correct the issue.

You should also keep in mind that conversion data is delayed by 24 hours.

25. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    any updates on this one?
  27. Contributing User

Try to place an alternate tracking software and also two versions of code in product page and the thank you page..