1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Is It True New Adwords Campaign Needs Daily Tending For 1st 2 weeks

Is It True New Adwords Campaign Needs Daily Tending For 1st 2 weeks

Someone is suggesting to me to set up a 1st campaign with a small amount of keywords like 10 and 5 adgroups I believe because it is easier to manage if I am new to this while I learn - what is pros and cons to this idea ?

Was told also that it is better if I let someone else setup the 1st campaign then I take over once it is setup what is pros and cons to this idea ?

How hard is it to manage a adwords campaign once it is setup , I have like 25-35 root keywords I would like to set up is it true I have to go in there daily to check out campaign for at least 1st 10 days to 2 weeks if so why ?

Is it a lot of work to manage ppc campaign once it is tweaked and even once it is running fine and producing leads and happy with conversions does it still require constant baby sitting or much less of it ?
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

The problem with new Adwords users is that Google desires making lots of money and that tends to come exclusively from satisfied searchers... but the searcher doesn't pay the Adwords customer does.

If you are new you might think spending more suggests you satisfied searchers because you only pay if someone clicks but what if they (most of your clicks) bounce immediately back to Google? That usually signals to Google that searchers are dissatisfied... so ad placement isn't just a factor of your opening bid but all the nuances associated with searchers interaction with your landing page.

It takes time for Google to understand you (as a profile and as compared to all other profiles) so it generally does take time to rise to a peak performance and that most often is 4 - 6 weeks.

But even then, if you don't learn from the process e.g. reducing your CPC by reducing your BR and reducing your CPA even those 4 - 6 weeks will not improve much.

Adwords is a symbiotic relationship between bidding prices, ad appeal, landing page appeal, ad position, CTR, BR, CPC, and CPA and so many other nuances.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey Fathom.. I did not understand some thing you said - what is "BR" anyway.. ! I think you are telling me that it does take work about 4 to 6 weeks in the initial stages to get things right, and that it is not easy since you have do certain things within that initial period of a new campaign and if not done correctly my campaign will suffer and not obtain the QS I need to pay lower costs...am I on track here :>) thanksssssssss
  7. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by needseohelp
    Hey Fathom.. I did not understand some thing you said - what is "BR" anyway.. ! I think you are telling me that it does take work about 4 to 6 weeks in the initial stages to get things right, and that it is not easy since you have do certain things within that initial period of a new campaign and if not done correctly my campaign will suffer and not obtain the QS I need to pay lower costs...am I on track here :>) thanksssssssss
    BR - Bounce Rate
    CPC - Cost Per Click
    CPA - Cost Per Acquisition

In general, most campaigns will cost you more to start in the first 4 - 6 weeks because much of Google's scoring variables need a trend to be scoring... you don't get a solid answer of bounce rate (for example) if you only look at 1 click as that is 0% or 100% on the first and with the second it could be 50% but with 4 weeks of data 14% (and thousands of clicks) bounce rate is really REALLY good and actually better than 0% after only a single click.
  9. No Profile Picture

I heard that below sponsor ads (ppc) and above organic result in a b c d places I can get there my website free of cost. It is true? if yes How can I get there my website??? what is process? Kindly advice.
  11. No Profile Picture

Fathom... let me see if I understand you,,,, ;>) Lets say I get a high CTR from the beginning of a totally new campaign which signals to google that the ad must be relevant will I not get a high QS because google sees that I am getting a CTR of 1% to 3% and maintaining it the high CTR even if there is a high BR ...should I not get a high QS if I am able to maintain the high CTR google wants

....So confused are you saying that if in a new campaign that is completely new even if I get a high CTR from day one and maintain it for a while I will not be able to get a good QS at all because of a high BR from my site

I believe you are talking about the Adwords QS ranking factors that a ppc campaign receives based on well he set up his / her campaign from the beginning which I am still not aware of all of them..
  13. No Profile Picture

Yes... asiantrunky the way you get there is by setting up a g+ and google places page which is a replacement for setting up a google maps page which now has merged with g+ / google places ....
  15. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by needseohelp
    Fathom... let me see if I understand you
    Take the adword course.