1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Strange Problem in Google Adword Campaign

Hello Friends,

Just need your help for strange situation in Adword Campaign. Let me explain you the situation.

I have started an adword campaign 4 days ago. Everything set up perfectly, including conversion-tracking code in the thank you page also. But when I am trying to see the report I am facing following problems.

1. Every time when I am trying to see the status of the of the targeted keywords, it is saying ads are not displaying because “I have exceeded budget limit.” This can be happened but I am not even getting the stats about impressions, clicks etc in the report.
    2. I am not getting any stats of the previous days also; although we have exceeded the budget still we should get the stats (as per my knowledge.)

Although I haven’t managed too many adword campaigns, still I haven’t face this kind of problem.

I just want to know from you people, that what are the things that I should examine to figure out the problem and what you think can be the problem here.

Hope to get some precious suggestions.
    Regards
    new_seo

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : I don't have idea about PPC I am also interested to learn it
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

To clarify.

Your campaign is temporarily turned off because you set your budget and Google says you have exceed that... BUT Google isn't showing you any data that actually shows you have exceeded your budget... correct?

1. What does your account payment page [last entry] say?

2. Does any level show any data... account campaign level, ad group level, individual ad level or individual keyword level - or are all blank?

3. Did you email Google?
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom
    To clarify.

Your campaign is temporarily turned off because you set your budget and Google says you have exceed that... BUT Google isn't showing you any data that actually shows you have exceeded your budget... correct?
    Exactly, this the problem I am getting. I would like to mention one thing, as I am not getting any report, for safety purpose I have paused the campaign temporarily.

1. What does your account payment page [last entry] say?
    In the payment page they are showing:
    Last Payment - None
    Current Balance - $5

In the Campaign Management page, I am not getting any Account Status (may be ,as the campaign is stopped ).

2. Does any level show any data... account campaign level, ad group level, individual ad level or individual keyword level - or are all blank?
    All are blank. The campaign is stooped now, but when it was running then also no data at any place.

3. Did you email Google?
    Atfirst I would like to confirm that whether anything is wrong at my end or not.
  7. rod@missionop.com

Well the good news is... Google still likes you!

The bad news is - you will need to ask Google Adwords... there isn't a switch that allow you do turn off (accidently) so you have a bug or [a possibility] you're looking at the wrong info.

Any chance your budget got wiped out by content ads? [which don't show up as keyword related data because they're not from the search network?
    Last edited by fathom; Sep 1st, 2008 at 06:51 AM.
  9. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

To clarify.

You mean to say if your budget $5 for any keywords for campaigning and your monthly budget is $100 if you get more click than your bidding means your budget in that case Google doesn’t show any data
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  11. Contributing User

Well the good news is... Google still likes you!

The bad news is - you will need to ask Google Adwords... there isn't a switch that allow you do turn off (accidently) so you have a bug or [a possibility] you're looking at the wrong info.

Any chance your budget got wiped out by content ads? [which don't show up as keyword related data because they're not from the search network?
    Well fathom, The content network was enable. Now I disable it.
    To be honest I am really worried about that the report is not showing, rather than it is showing that we have exceeded our budget.
    So do you think that I should mail to Google, about the issue?
  13. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by new_seo
    Well fathom, The content network was enable. Now I disable it.
    To be honest I am really worried about that the report is not showing, rather than it is showing that we have exceeded our budget.
    So do you think that I should mail to Google, about the issue?
    Ya it's best to mail Google on privileged info stuff cause they "normally" are the only ones that can help - especially if it's a bug with your interface.
  15. Contributing User

Ya it's best to mail Google on privileged info stuff cause they "normally" are the only ones that can help - especially if it's a bug with your interface.
    Actually it is in my mind that I might have to mail to Google regarding the issue. But before that I just want to confirm whether I have done something wrong or not.

Now I think I have to mail and doing that.

Thanks fathom for your suggestions.