1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

PPC Conversion Tracking

Hi

I am wondering if you could help me with a client.

I would like to implement conversion tracking however they currently use a 3rd party analytic system and insist on sending me the conversions by 1000's of KW every week. This is not being proactive and does not provide me with the info to optimise the account in a timely manner

I am at the end of my tether explaining the benefits of conversion tracking via adwords and would really appericate to know how I should approach this? Maybe I am not explaining the benefits correctly?

Has anyone come across this difficulty before?

Thank you

Hilary
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You explain to them that the conversion tracker is much more useful. You can track conversions to the keyword and ad levels, something an analytics system can't really do. It can't tell you the ad that resulted in the conversion (at least not as easily) or the keyword match type.

With this information, you will be in a better position to optimize the campaign not only for click rate but conversion rate. Otherwise, you are just doing half the job. It also makes your job easier and take less time which means you won't bill as many hours for the job.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Just explain they are losing money because of the conversion system which they are using. Then tell them that they will make lots more more money in the long term with the one which you intend to implement.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by Hilary
    Hi

I am wondering if you could help me with a client.

I would like to implement conversion tracking however they currently use a 3rd party analytic system and insist on sending me the conversions by 1000's of KW every week. This is not being proactive and does not provide me with the info to optimise the account in a timely manner

I am at the end of my tether explaining the benefits of conversion tracking via adwords and would really appericate to know how I should approach this? Maybe I am not explaining the benefits correctly?

Has anyone come across this difficulty before?

Thank you

Hilary
    Hi...

Why not using a Keyword tracking software? There are many softwares available on the market. My choice are HLOLA and Prosper202. These will definitely help you in saving your time taken for setting keyword tracking.