1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Arrow Non performing keyword in adwords

I have question in my mind which goes like, if i have target my ppc ad around one keyword and it is showing on 4 or 5th page of google along with it is not getting any clicks on it. How long will this ad will appear on the google page or in other words what google does with non performing ppc ads and the ads which don't get any clicks at all.?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by tehrijack
    I have question in my mind which goes like, if i have target my ppc ad around one keyword and it is showing on 4 or 5th page of google along with it is not getting any clicks on it. How long will this ad will appear on the google page or in other words what google does with non performing ppc ads and the ads which don't get any clicks at all.?
    I think, google is not going to do anything here. You have to do somthing:

1. You can delete that keyword
    2. If you think that keyword can really provide you some targeted traffic, try to increase the bid and make some necessary adjustment in the ad copy to be there in the first page.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yes i agree with new seo....google will not do anything because u r paying to google whether ur ad is on 4th or 5th page doesnt matters for google...Google is getting money at the end....what matters is u will not have any conversion if ur ad is on 4th or 5th page....so optimise ur account...

thanks...

Sandy
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Both previous answers are wrong.

A large part of your Quality Score is your CTR which means that if you get no clicks your quality score will decrease, if it decreases past a certain point Google will stop showing your advertisements.

Also, it is important to remember that poorly performing keywords have a negative impact on the whole account (although slightly) so clear our keywords that are not working.

New_Seo was right on one thing, redo your ad and change your bid to get up to the first page. Also assess your landing page.