1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Limited budget/ 1Search engine, or multiple?

ok so hears my question. i have a very limited budget in a very competive industry, (Government Grants). My total budget is $5000. Suggestions would be very usfull for me because i'm totaly new to the ppc game. I'm wondering first off if its going to be wise to start a google ppc, or if i should stick to the smallers ones such as 7search. Also would it be smart to spread my funds across the board, (google, yahoo, msn, 7seach, ezanga ect.) please give me advice folks.

2.Q. is it going to be wise to buy lots of key words or should i focus on 10 or so key words?

3.Q. Should i buy the cheaper less trafficked words or the top ones? (Our campaigns allready convert great on Email marketing, and we know we can write good adds.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by business
    ok so hears my question. i have a very limited budget in a very competive industry, (Government Grants). My total budget is $5000. Suggestions would be very usfull for me because i'm totaly new to the ppc game. I'm wondering first off if its going to be wise to start a google ppc, or if i should stick to the smallers ones such as 7search. Also would it be smart to spread my funds across the board, (google, yahoo, msn, 7seach, ezanga ect.) please give me advice folks.
    If you're interest in conversions then only do PPC at Google, Yahoo and MSN... you'll only waste money elsewhere.

2.Q. is it going to be wise to buy lots of key words or should i focus on 10 or so key words?
    Lots of [exact match phrases] 3 - 4 or more words long will cost you very little and tend to convert at a much higher level.

3.Q. Should i buy the cheaper less trafficked words or the top ones? (Our campaigns allready convert great on Email marketing, and we know we can write good adds.
    Already answered but in addition run multiple ad groups and run 3 or 4 ads on each ad group letting Google pick the best converting ad.

Keep ads groups down to very specific set of phrases - don't try to run all your keywords from one group.
  5. No Profile Picture

hey

do you have any experience yourself in the advertising for government funding?

2. do you run ppc adds? if so what kind of promotions?

3. Yes i defenitly want conversions, our job is to make sales. and our product cost $49.95 up front and $29.95 a month after. So your saying that i should just stick with google yahoo msn. for this?

4. your saying key prases, such as ( government funding, for small business, government funding child care, government funding education) being more exact on what i say? is this correct?
  7. No Profile Picture

re

also i think that its going to take a long time to establish a good CPA. we want to create a CPA of $49 or less. so we cover our cost up front.
  9. No Profile Picture

re

just thought i would throw that in there. what i ment was. with such a limited budget ($5000) will i be able to find what i'm looking for. I feel that i could on 1 search engine, but testing 2 or 3 campaigns on 3 different SE. with 10-15 different key phrases per campaign. At that rate wouldnt last more than a week or to just to establish a CPA. I want to do it right the first time. I understand testing is important, but I need it to turn dollars ASAP
  11. No Profile Picture

re

just thought i would throw that in there. what i ment was. with such a limited budget ($5000) will i be able to find what i'm looking for. I feel that i could on 1 search engine, but testing 2 or 3 campaigns on 3 different SE. with 10-15 different key phrases per campaign. At that rate wouldnt last more than a week or to just to establish a CPA. I want to do it right the first time. I understand testing is important, but I need it to turn dollars ASAP
  13. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you learn yourself and dedicate to study to know all the PPC in's & out's then $5000 is a good budget since it assumes that you will get some, much, most, all back PLUS PROFIT back which allows a continuing budget of new money... but it's your accountability to learn so you don't just waste away that $5000 and get no sales.

I have experience in a volume of markets & industries but you can't afford me - $5000 would only pay for a months advice.

I would recommend that before you invest in straignt PPC targeting your phrase around government grants use only the content network.

Search Google for college and university websites (Business & Finance, MBA, Research, etc. that have AdSense ads on them and click on the "ads by Google" or "advertise here" links.

This will give you the BEST chance at nailing a targeted market quickly and cheaply (pennies a click) rather than wasting dollars on general search advertising.

It is agreed that anyone with a business or a business idea would be a potential customer for your grants book but you'll pay for lots of pulse clicks but few impulse buyers - better to hit those in school... because campus word-of-month is advertising to and that's free of charge.
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

After reaching your CPA, a longer term approach you might also consider doing as well is to capture as many names, emails, as you can with highly-targeted landing pages in exchange for an emailed whitepaper, special report, or tips. Then follow up with autoresponders and build your pitch/relationship over time to make the sale. This will turn your expensive clicks into backend sales for years to come if you offer valuable content to your target market. This is how info-marketers like Yanik Silver and David DeAngelo (Eban Pagan) do it, both millionaires several times over.
    Last edited by seostew; Oct 29th, 2007 at 05:44 PM.
  17. No Profile Picture

thanks

ok now thats help full advice, about the adsense. I've been wondering how to go about advertising with that cuz i dont see an area in google that you can just sign up. so let me get this strait

you are saying that if i want to advertise with google adsense then all i gota do is go to websites that have placements for ads?

Or are you stating that i will have to find there phone # make contact with them and explain that i want them to run my ad?

can you give me some more info on how i can go about advertising with google adsense i dont understand it at all. i went to the sign up page but that didnt help at all.

in reply the the last guys response. yes we caputure emails and reuse them and sell the lists. we have alot of different ways to make money with the company, we are very effecient with email marketing but ppc is a new area for us we believe that we can establish a lower cpa with it. that s the goal anyways.