Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just starting to learn about PPC

hi all
    can someone tell me what PPC is in simple terms. Also, I have just launched a website, should I use PPC to help drive traffic to my website. If so, do I need to go through a company to do this?
    thanks
    sarah
  3. No Profile Picture

Hi Sarah,

PPC is 'Pay Per Click' and is a form on online advertsing that often takes place on search engine, and more often than not, Google.

What type of website have you launched? Whether you should use PPC or not depends on your aims and objectives - if your are selling products then it may be beneficial, but if you are offering free content probably not so.

With regards to outsourcing PPC, this can be beneficial but again depends on your budget and strategy. Most PPC programs are fairly simple to use on a basic level, so I would recommend testing what they have to offer with a limited budget, and see how you get on.

Hope this helps, you would like any more advice just ask!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile

hi
    thanks for that.

my website sells pregnancy information via weekly SMS.

I'm just not sure where to start with PPC. I think i will do it myself though. Can you recommend where i start
    thanks

Originally Posted by Netcel_LTD
    Hi Sarah,

PPC is 'Pay Per Click' and is a form on online advertsing that often takes place on search engine, and more often than not, Google.

What type of website have you launched? Whether you should use PPC or not depends on your aims and objectives - if your are selling products then it may be beneficial, but if you are offering free content probably not so.

With regards to outsourcing PPC, this can be beneficial but again depends on your budget and strategy. Most PPC programs are fairly simple to use on a basic level, so I would recommend testing what they have to offer with a limited budget, and see how you get on.

Hope this helps, you would like any more advice just ask!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Roa
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by beepbeep
    Can you recommend where i start
    thanks
    As its the most popular SE, I'd suggest you go to Google's Learning Center . You may need an AdWords account to access it (which is free), but they have some resources on the how to use their service. As for learning more about how to optimize your PPC, read more of the posts in this section of the forums. Good luck.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Be careful at the start

Sarah, Make sure you really limit your budget at the start and use sort of tracking software so you can see if the traffic coming in converts to sales or spends some time reading the content on your site.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by beepbeep
    hi all
    can someone tell me what PPC is in simple terms. Also, I have just launched a website, should I use PPC to help drive traffic to my website. If so, do I need to go through a company to do this?
    thanks
    sarah
    PPC is simply "Pay Per Click" just a method to advertise your services or products using Google adwords. For this service you've to creat an account with google adwords and then follow the step by step..
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi beepbeep,

If your goal is to learn how to manage your own campaigns then I agree with other posters here, that you should start with a Google AdWords account and keep your budget low while you are learning. You should keep in mind that there is a fairly steep learning curve and it takes a while to learn how to manage your campaigns well.

If you aren't sure that you want to dedicate so much of your time to managing your PPC campaigns then you may be better off hiring a professional PPC manager. You still need to learn the basics so that you can tell how well your manager is doing. A good PPC manager will save you a fortune in costly mistakes that a newbie typically endures.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is Google Adsense a PPC based too? I'm a bit confused about this.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi dongarcia,

Yes, AdSense is part of the relm of PPC. It's Google's program for website publishers that want to sell ad space to Google. The website publisher is paid a portion of the revenue that Google receives on a Pay-Per-Click basis from their AdWords customers.
    • AdWords - Google's program for ad buyers.
    • AdSense - Google's program for publishers selling space for ads on their websites.
  19. No Profile Picture

Some ideas?

Hello everybody. This is my first day here and Iím glad.
    I heard that PPC is a good option to offer services. Iím a Spanish teacher and I want to learn how to do that kind of things onlineÖ. Could someone give me some options?? I just want to learn and apply everything. Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by ClickyB; Feb 4th, 2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: combined two posts
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Kyle1,

A great place to start learning is Google's AdWords Learning Center.

I recommend that you open an AdWords account, set your daily budget very low while your learning and apply what you learn at the earliest opportunity.
  23. No Profile Picture

Good!

Thank you very much! I finally understand how it works. Iím reading and having some good information. Thank you again!
  25. No Profile Picture

Hi all:

In my opinion Google AdWords learning is an unfinished research, there are programmers in the entire world working hard all time to get rich with PPC management.

Emily Caver

Designer

Tokyo
  27. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

PPC - pay per click, also known as adwords.

you can do this if you have budget, I highly recommend to do PPC and SEO at the same time to manipulate good position in the SERP and expect good out come.
  29. No Profile Picture

PPC Advertising

Hi,

It's nice to hear that you are planning to drive online traffic via search engines. In simple terms PPC is an abbreviation of "Pay Per Click" Advertising. You can go through Google AdWords Help Center for understanding how can you can effectively use AdWords platform for advertising your website. If you are planning to invest a higher budget for driving quality traffic, we recommend to approach a proper internet marketing agency for advertising your website online.

Regards,
    Channelship Ltd
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: