1. Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How Automatic Bidding Work in Google Adwords

There is automatic bidding option is available under Bidding and budget section. I need some recommendation to use it. Some times, I set up my keywords with $0.50 but, Avg. CPC rate will me more than my bidding.

I don't want to invest more than $0.50 for any single click. So, Is it possible with automatic bidding.

If I will set CPC bid limit is $0.50 with help of automatic bidding section so, Will it spend more than $0.50 with any click or not? I am confuse with Avg. CPC rate.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

korenixusa

Will I still have to pay the higher cpc even though I reduced it? ... $5.00 and you reduce the max bid at the ad group level to say, $0.50, ... when lowered bids did not seem to reduce the prices we were paying. ... your spending, and then turn it back on tomorrow to see if your Avg. CPC is lower. ...
  5. Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by korenixusa
    Will I still have to pay the higher cpc even though I reduced it? ... $5.00 and you reduce the max bid at the ad group level to say, $0.50, ... when lowered bids did not seem to reduce the prices we were paying. ... your spending, and then turn it back on tomorrow to see if your Avg. CPC is lower. ...
    Today, I set automatic bid $0.50. But, If tomorrow: I will find out avg. CPC rate for any click more than $0.50 so, I think - It will late action for me....
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I never use automatic bidding. I like to have control. Here's Google's link How does automatic bidding work?.

Basically, it ignores your bid limit. You are after all telling the system to get you the most clicks possible. So it will try to show your ads as the highest possible position (the higher it is, the most chance it has of getting clicked). That's why some clicks will be higher than your maximum bid.

If you want to pay no more than 50 cents, don't use automatic bidding.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wink korenixusa

Manual bidding enables you to specify different bids for each ad group in your campaign or for individual keywords or placements. If you've found that certain keywords or placements are more profitable, you can use manual bidding to allocate more of your advertising budget to those keywords or placements.