1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Experienced with Adwords, New to Yahoo Search Marketing... Advice?

I've been using Adwords for ages and the ba$t3ds at Adwords just banned my account for no reason.

So I'm planning on running PPC accounts on Yahoo and Bing. Any feedback on how they compare to Adwords?

Any advice on what to expect?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It depends...

Yahoo clicks have been on a steady downward trend, though what conversions we do get tend to be less expensive than comparable ones on Google. Most of our clicks and impressions still come from Google; although Bing is growing, not as many people seem to click on ads, and their bid prices are often not much better than Google's. It may be different depending on your industry, though, and the continuing merge between Yahoo and MSN will probably shake things up.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google doesn't ban for no reason. You did something they didn't like. You may have gotten warnings but disregarded them and decided you were not the kind of advertiser they wanted.

Bing is the one most similar to Adwords in how it works. Yahoo is a bit different. For example, they don't have keyword match types the way Adwords does. They use "tactics" and this makes managing your campaign different. I also don't like the detail level in their reports, Adwords is much better in that area, as they are in most areas.

Keep in mind that YSM will merge with Bing very soon. Best to use Bing and forget about Yahoo for now.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Lucid Marketing
    Google doesn't ban for no reason. You did something they didn't like. You may have gotten warnings but disregarded them and decided you were not the kind of advertiser they wanted.
    Truth is I got one warning and addressed it immediately. On the same day they told me my offending campaign would be reactivated, they banned the entire account.

I tried several times to ask them why they did that and they're answer is "we cannot support you on this anymore."

I have had several 10/10 quality score campaigns running for years. I am very disappointed about their complete lack of response in addressing this issue.