Thread: Bid Pricing

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Bid Pricing

I want to start PPC first time and I want to get top position in PPC on logo design keywords how much bid i require to get first position and where can I found this bidding pricing.

Thanks in Advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Desoza
    I want to start PPC first time and I want to get top position in PPC on logo design keywords how much bid i require to get first position and where can I found this bidding pricing.

Thanks in Advance
    The PPC engine will typically suggest a bid that might be required for first position though it is not always completely accurate.
    Some engines also allow you to say 'put me in X place' and they will bid up to your maximum to put you in that position. So you set a higher maximum and let the engine handle it.

As you are new to PPC... be aware that top position is not always the best position to be in. In addition it may result in you paying more than you make for those terms.
    I would suggest you dedicate some serious time to reading up on PPC including ROI tracking, negative keywords, etc. before you start bidding for first place on expensive keywords.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google's keyword tool is an estimate based on historical averages. If you create an average ad (getting an average CTR and therefore QS), you will need to pay $x they suggest to get the top positions. That means bidding a little higher.

Currently, Google shows $2.64 for the phrase "logo design". Other longer tailed keywords show more or less the same amount. Don't forget "logo designer" keywords too.

If a client asked, I would tell them $1.50 to $2 per click on those keywords because I know I can create higher quality ads that would reduce that cost. As mentioned, they are estimates and based on the average advertiser.

I would suggest first to bid what you are willing to pay and see how good your ads are. Improve them over time and then increase your bids. You need to learn about PPC first before shooting for a high-priced position.

<snip>
    Last edited by ClickyB; Apr 28th, 2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: removed self-promo/link (C'mon)
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I dont know the exact price for this, however, i neglected all the bidding process to get the top positions as well as the waste of time that i would spend on it, so i handled all my keywords to bamdac.net and they got me number one under 20 keywords for almost 400 USD/M, u could try them out
  9. No Profile Picture

You first start working, I am sure if you work properly you would surely reach at number one.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Spend some time learning about landing pages that your PPC ad will take your visitors to. It must be relevant and concise to the subject.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

A bid price is the highest price that a buyer (i.e., bidder) is willing to pay for a good. It is usually referred to simply as the "bid."

In bid and ask, the bid price stands in contrast to the ask price or "offer", and the difference between the two is called the bid/ask spread.