1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Value of SERPS in Baidu

Hi all, I'm new here and although a pro writer I do have a keen interest in SEO. I couldn't help but kick myself for not showing interest in Baidu before now, but thanks to this forum checked the SERPS for the directory I work for under certain keywords we want to be known for and see we're *#1, 3, 4, 5, with them. To say I'm delighted is an understatement.

Now to the real questions though, and please tolerate my ignorance. I've done my homework on the search engine and see we dominate the first page with four of the first ten results. But is this of any use? We started to get Chinese submission recently and wondered how the hell they knew we even existed even though we rank *****#1 in the SERPS of all the majors in our chosen terms. So I guess what I'm wanting to know is, how much importance should I play on the SERPs position we have with them. How important is it to keep in with them, if at all?

I've got a lot of homework to do folks and I'd really appreciate guidance and advice please.
    Last edited by Cantufind FSS; Jul 19th, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
  3. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Cantufind FSS
    Now to the real questions though, and please tolerate my ignorance. I've done my homework on the search engine and see we dominate the first page with four of the first ten results. But is this of any use? We started to get Chinese submission recently and wondered how the hell they knew we even existed even though we rank *****#1 in the SERPS of all the majors in our chosen terms. So I guess what I'm wanting to know is, how much importance should I play on the SERPs position we have with them. How important is it to keep in with them, if at all?
    I assume you're referenceing your cant u find it site.

It would depend on your search terms. Are they actually getting decent traffic? Maybe you are since you're getting submissions from the chinese. Do you plan on targeting customers in the chinese arena? Are you going to translate your pages into chinese?

These I would think are the questions that need answers. Then take it from there.

Lots of luck to ya....
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by DMN Webmaster
    I assume you're referenceing your cant u find it site.

It would depend on your search terms. Are they actually getting decent traffic? Maybe you are since you're getting submissions from the chinese. Do you plan on targeting customers in the chinese arena? Are you going to translate your pages into chinese?

These I would think are the questions that need answers. Then take it from there.

Lots of luck to ya....
    Its not my site, I'm just employed by them. The answer to your questions is yes for them all including the translation in good time.
  7. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Cantufind FSS
    Its not my site, I'm just employed by them. The answer to your questions is yes for them all including the translation in good time.
    Then Baidu is very important to you based own your answers.

Baidu is clearly ahead of G in China. Same as Yandex is clearly ahead of G in Russia. These are about the only two Search Engines that I know of that get more searches than G, But only in Russia and China.

I don't know, it may have something to do with National Pride in those areas......
  9. No Profile Picture

One of my sites ranks in the top 2 results for a number of very competitive search terms. I do get some traffic from Baidu for those search terms, but not a great deal of traffic. Perhaps it's because most people are searching for those terms in Chinese, rather than in English.