Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Snap.com - Now Offering Keyword Research

http://snap.com

Battellemedia mentioned this first (as far as I know), but it's very worthwhile. Don't miss the "top keywords" page - it offers some very advanced kw research tools and features.

If Snap only had Google's data, this would be the best tool for webmasters since... well, ever.
    CEO & Co-founder of SEOmoz
  3. SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I'm serious gang - this is a very impressive toolset they've got here - it's worth your while to spend some time checking it out.

Comments on this post

• gchaney agrees : Thanks Randfish! This is great!!!!!!!
    • Linux98 agrees : Wow, this is cool. It would be sweeeet if Google let you search like this.
  5. unused title
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

now that is nice!
    Thanks, great find rand!
    Looks like their results are pulled from an accumulation of other engines, but with the keyword matching built in, almost a more flexible google suggest.

I like the results snap brings, the keyword report tool is awesome!

They also have a toolbar available.

(are you ever going to post something i dont want to bookmark?)
  7. Free the SB
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Darn Rand:

I tried to give you more rep and I still need to spread more around. How does that thing work?

More importantly, excellent find to bring to our attention.

As you mentioned, it would be the killer of killer aps if it had google's volume of information. I can only imagine that Snap.com has a teeny teeny bit of the market. For less trafficked keywords it may not have representative statistics.

Of further note though, as it applies to Google, giving information about which site gets the most hits is a sample of what google is possibly evaluating, as described in the google patent information. Very powerful stuff.

Hypothetically, if the site ranked #1 for a keyword phrase gets the most traffic for that phrase, and if google applies and puts a lot of weight to the amount of hits on a site, then the number 1 site for a keyword phrase is given EVEN GREATER strength for that position.

Of course who knows how google is applying or weighting the factors it identified in the patent application.

But Snap.com's information gives some insight into all of that.

Now I have to figure out how to give you more rep. Maybe if I give Wit some rep (and take it away later) I'll be free to give Rand more rep.

Great find.

Dave
    255 chars s*ck
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Great tool. Thanks!
  11. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by earlpearl
    Darn Rand:

I tried to give you more rep and I still need to spread more around.
    AMEN! Same with me!

I am glad that you are here to keep us informed of these things. Thanks for keeping your eye out for us. I would have never looked at snap for a tool like this. Good for them!

*ADDED* DAMN THAT"S A NEAT TOOL!
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  13. Free the SB

Went back to snap.com and checked it for my main keyword phrase and against competitiors.

It is a tiny sample. Regardless, we trade some information with a business with which we compete on the web but we are in different markets...and we cooperate in business. Anyways I know their monthly traffic volume.

The snap.com data on relative traffic between us and them is "reasonably" reflective between the difference between us and them. Overall we generate about 14,000/visits/month for our regional business. Our area isn't heavily trafficked.

Thought it was interesting none the less. It gave me an insight into overall traffic spread about between different competitors. Very insightful beyond the information on keywords which is invaluable information.

Dave
  15. No Profile Picture
    Veteran SEOCHAT Member

Thumbs up

wow - very nice tool to add to the arsenal Rand.... Thanks for posting it...
    -
  17. Resident Black Hat
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by randfish
    http://snap.com

Battellemedia mentioned this first (as far as I know), but it's very worthwhile. Don't miss the "top keywords" page - it offers some very advanced kw research tools and features.

If Snap only had Google's data, this would be the best tool for webmasters since... well, ever.
    I almost always have keyword block lately. This is GREAT! Thanks!!!

G-Man
  19. Free the SB

I wish everyone here would email everyone they know and so-on and so on so that everyone used snap.com for a week or two.

Its keyword analysis information is good. As Rand said its only unfortunate that its sample and data base is so small.

Besides the keyword suggestions...which are available from a number of sources, I'm fascinated by the sites that get the most traffic and the number of pages on average per visit.

The google patent documents reference both traffic and amount of time on a site as elements of ranking. We never discuss these issues in SEO forums. (at least I haven't seen them). Snap.com's information puts some light on these issues as it impacts google.

In one case I noticed how a site which has been #1 in a category on which I compete showed more traffic on Snap than my site or one with which we cooperate. Made me wonder if that is a good sample of google traffic and if that is part of the reason it has maintained its position.

For another keyword phrase saw a site ranked #1 in google where average page views was over 30 pages....much higher than my site.

As it reflects these two issues mentioned in the google patent this is the most revealing information I've seen to date. Are there other sources for information like this?

Dave
  21. Contributing User

Great tool and searches are relevant - pitty it is not g data.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Joy
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile Cool site

Thanks man itz cool site.I liked it..........
  25. Registered User

just know this site recently
    they also have a keyword search count, just wondering, where are they getting their results?
  27. Free the SB

This has to be published from their own results.

Curious as to how often they update it. I used snap to visit some sites they list, a couple of weeks ago. yet to see an update. The keyword usage comes from a teeny sample even relative to Wordtracker.

Dave
  29. Free the SB

D*mn:

Snap.com pulled the number of visits for a site and average number of pages visited from their information. That is what made their information so unique and valuable if you considered that information as insightful into the aspects of the google patent document that referenced traffic and time spent on a site.

Oh well. Guess it was to good to be true.

Dave
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: