1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

How Do I Get Site As A Result On A Baidu Search (Doesn't Even Come Up On Google)

Hello everyone.

Sorry if this falls outside the guidelines, I read the rules but maybe I didn't read them hard enough.

My problem is my friend has entrusted me to get his site to come up on Baidu search engines as I am in China and wants me to promote it out here, however it doesn't even come up in Google searches. I didn't make the website, I don't have the expertise, so in fact I am quite a noob. I think I am going to have to deconstruct parts of it.

The so called text on his site is in Chinese but it is not registered as text but as an image file. Another friend who created the website made it so you couldn't highlight and copy the text. However am I right to say that there are other ways to associate your site with search engines? Is the term metatags?

I've found that I have to use GB2312 fonts too but I don't know how or what to do with them. I'm also interested in using the Baidu mp3 search as the site in question is of a musical nature. I apologise for my lack of website building knowledge which I suppose is quite fundamental when asking about search engines. It’s like running before learning to stand up.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Risk
    The so called text on his site is in Chinese but it is not registered as text but as an image file. Another friend who created the website made it so you couldn't highlight and copy the text.

1. Translate Images-TEXT to GB-enconding TEXT(or any Simplified Chinese code).
    2. Enhance metadata (title/keyword/desc).
    3. Make sure no 404/403/defected-links pages.
    4. Submit: http://www.baidu.com/search/url_submit.html
    5. Wait for the first baiduspider come on.
    6. { MORE MORE MORE SEO actions items...}

Bias: Dont care the robots.txt, BaiduSpiders never follow that...

Comments on this post

• adil_j1 agrees
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you very much type!

Just to follow up, if I do number 4 first; submit to Baidu and then do steps 1 & 2, will what I have done on 1 & 2 affect the page ranking on searches? IE do I have to do steps 1 & 2 first before step 4 for steps 1 & 2 to have any impact?

Thanks again and merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I really appreciate your help!!!!