Thread: Duck Duck Go

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Duck Duck Go

Hi Everyone,

Apologies is there is already a thread re Duck Duck Go ( I couldn't find one ).

Slowly but surely, I am seeing increases of organic traffic coming in from Duck Duck Go.

I've read little bits here and there and they seem to be doing a great job with a small but ever expanding team.

I understand they use link metrics as a heavily weighted factor but I don't know much else ( apart from their USP that they don't track you )

They post their search query stats daily here,

https://duckduckgo.com/traffic.html

Does anyone have anything to share about this new up and coming search engine?

HJJ
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Interesting.. weirdly, I was just wondering whatever was going on with them because few people seem to bring them up these days (and they were a hot topic maybe two years ago). It's good to know they seem to be still growing!

Which niche are you in?
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. Contributing User

Hey Ann,

I am in the automotive sector ( lead generation sites for new car purchases ).

DDG seems to be rapidly growing - I think their USP of not tracking their users is really resonating with a lot of people.

Plus you can set DDG at default browser on iPhones too.
  7. Data Analysis+KW Research
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

It grows really fast. I personally still use google but I love the results DDG provides. And with all the nsa stuff in united states it's audience will keep growing.
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Ontopic:
    I haven't seen a growth in DDG usage, however I am in the UK and the main site i'm on is a large ecommerce website targeted towards the uh, the more experienced of age.

Originally Posted by knuckles
    And with all the nsa stuff in united states it's audience will keep growing.
    Please do explain to me, what do people have against government agencies having their information? The only valid reason I can see people really complaining about it is the people who are doing something shady.
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  11. Data Analysis+KW Research

It's not that people have something against it, it's just an act, like that stupid (yet popular) facebook post that goes like "by posting this I prohibit anyone to use my personal info..." IMHO it's just a fad, but it doesn't nullify the fact that more people are interested in services like duckduckgo.
  13. Data Analysis+KW Research

Bump.

Is it true that old and outdated seo tactics still work with duckduckgo? Like keyword stuffing and backlink spam?
  15. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by knuckles
    Bump.

Is it true that old and outdated seo tactics still work with duckduckgo? Like keyword stuffing and backlink spam?
    why would you even ask that question? I really don't know the Duck engine but it'll take you off at the knees in the search engines that count.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
  17. Data Analysis+KW Research

out of curiosity, and because I'm writing an article about alternative search engines, their specifics and such. I just noticed that duckduckgo serp differs greatly from google's serp
  19. No Profile Picture
    Hippy

Old SEO techniques works ? Um, I dont think google is the only search engine to improve their search quality.
  21. Data Analysis+KW Research

hence the question. what do we know about duckduckgo algorithm? how does it react to low-quality links, does it recognizes such links? what's duckduckgo's (that's not really comfortable to type, btw) stance on keyword stuffing.

say I have a website that I want to promote only on duckduckgo, for whatever bizarre reason, how would I go about doing it? what will work, other than tactics used with regular google SEO?
  23. SEO Since 97

say I have a website that I want to promote only on duckduckgo, for whatever bizarre reason,
    who cares? why waste time on something that doesn't produce results? I highly doubt anyone here pays any attention to the duck duck engine.
  25. SEO Insultant

It's a great search engine. I never use it.
  27. Contributing User

I gotta agree with Test-ok and dzine. With all this interactive content and knowledge at the tips of your fingers, why would you want to bother with this SE? I mean, kudos to these guys but... who would want to risk losing positions on other, more important search engines?

Comments on this post

• mainstwebguy agrees
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is a good question! I actually had a twitter chat with them because I wanted to see the benefits of their search engine. I actually tried challenging them (indirectly, of course). They mentioned that they trust wikipedia, and they have instant answers. Instant answers is a community where people check each other's contributions of quality content. Maybe you can try doing research there? I was going to but I haven't had the time to do so yet.

I've actually seen that I was getting more traffic from them because I'm friends with one of their staff.

Comments on this post

• knuckles agrees
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: