Thread: Duck Duck Go

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Old SEO techniques works ? Um, I dont think google is the only search engine to improve their search quality.
    True to some extend, Simply take a look at exact domain match and keyword spamming rankings in Google and in other SE.

I highly doubt anyone here pays any attention to the duck duck engine.

The search engine is now available as a choice on Firefox for android (bottom of the app), I think that it's traffic should continue growing even if I never use the engine.

why waste time on something that doesn't produce results?
    In France Google represents 95% of searches, a large share of the market, but some national search engines are still used a lot in terms of queries, (eg : orange - telephone company and network provider). I don't have analytics data to prove the following but here is what I noticed from looking at my family internet habits or other people I help out when they have a problem with their computer.

Orange is the default Search Engine, IE (Firefox and chrome are finally growing in number) is the main browser. Sounds weird when I compare to clients analytics data, but all these people have one thing in common they are all 50+ have a growing but still limited use and knowledge of the internet.

I understand the reason why you wouldn't want to loose time on such a SE, but as a fact if your target is the elders (50+ don't want to hurt anyones feeling but I'm missing vocabulary ) because you are selling travels, or any other products and services developed for them, then you should take time to optimise your website for these minor search engines.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I've recently started noticing some Duck Duck go traffic. Not much bit still some % of overall traffic. I didn't do a thing to get it but now I am wondering how to repeat this on my other sites?
  5. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

As far as I know (and I'm not an expert), there's nothing particularly special that one has to do to get DuckDuckGo traffic. Google is still seen as the "most difficult" search engine to rank in - so, generally, if you do your best to satisfy Google the others will come naturally.

I looked around a little bit and it doesn't look like DDG has a version of webmaster tools, and I couldn't find any webmaster guidelines or anything like that either. Just talking about other search engines, Bing does keep their own set of tools and guidelines:

https://www.bing.com/webmaster/help/...lines-30fba23a
    Bing - Webmaster Tools

When (and if) DDG publishes such a thing, that would be the primary resource to go to in order to learn what DDG is looking for in a website.

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees : Exactly, DDG also has regional indexes so for england add &kl=uk-en at the end of the query URL to check if the website is indexed even if it doesn't appear in the main index
  7. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    Exactly, DDG also has regional indexes so for england add &kl=uk-en at the end of the query URL to check if the website is indexed even if it doesn't appear in the main index
    Oh! That's interesting, I didn't know that - thank you!
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    who cares? why waste time on something that doesn't produce results? I highly doubt anyone here pays any attention to the duck duck engine.
    So you don't think there's a need to try and rank on DDG?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Does DuckDuckGo have their own index? I know they have a crawler, but most of their results seem to come from Bing.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is the best search engine I have used so far it takes care of all the privacy a user wants and also provide strong password suggestions for the account.It also provides variety of different on board features so don't need to download any extension for that.
  15. Marketroid

Lightbulb 439

I like DuckDuckGo too. They come up as an incoming link to your site, at Alexa Site Info. Also, they have a 439 Alexa traffic rank. That's really popular! Right?
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Jul 21st, 2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: removed link
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: