1. No Profile Picture

Anyway to get DMOZ to add my site faster?

I've waiting for over a year and still no results getting site added to DMOZ directory. I've tried twice or thrice already this year and still no luck.

Anyone find a way to get it listed properly or faster? Anyone I can email. Or should I just giveup on DMOZ can continue with other tactics.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You shouldn't keep resubmitting.

Submit once, leave, get on with something else.

I believe resubmitting pushes your submission down as it is done by date with the newest submissions put at the 'bottom of the pile' as it were.

There are a couple of Dmoz editors on here, they may be able to confirm this or give you a better answer even.
    Last edited by zico82; Nov 29th, 2012 at 04:32 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

We have had the same experience. To the point I figured DMOZ had no more volunteers to work the site anymore.

7. Contributing User

Old advice but probably still valid at How to get your site listed FOUR times faster! (Submit to the right category)

To kinda back that up, I started working through an English county today and I had to move a large proportion of the listing suggestions to more appropriate categories for further evaluation later. If I moved them to a different county, it could be a some time before they get looked at again.

Why does this happen? Because submitters home in on what they perceive as a more important (or honeypot locality in this example) rather than the most appropriate category.

PS. Yes, repeat listing suggestions overwrite earlier ones. This might be counter productive. The submission guidelines, which all submitters acknowledge but mostly fail to read, forbid the practice.
    Last edited by jimnoble; Nov 29th, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
  9. Contributing User

The same thing with 2 my sites - several months have passed and still no result. The main thing is that both sites were submitted to the RIGHT categories and I have no doubts about this.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I submitted my request 2 years ago...resistance is futile, I mean forget it, or purchase a domain with dmoz listing.
  13. No Profile Picture

actually it's difficult to get listed in dmoz. it takes several months before you can or you will see your site appears to their directory. dmoz manually check every site listing. well i guess the best way to be listed by that directory site is to make put your site on the specific category where your products and services matches. like you dud i am still waiting for dmoz to list my site. as what they say, patience is a virtue. so just wait don't rush. hope my reply makes sense to you. good day
  15. No Profile Picture

I am also facing same problem. I have submitted many of my sites to DMOZ Directory but not yet listed. Still hoping one day my website will listed. I am also doing research on it. Let see what will happen. If i will get any update i will give my opinion. Hope you all will do same.

Thanks,
    Emily
    Hope for the Right Answer
  17. Contributing User

As I've understood, it is almost unreal to get into those damn DMOZ ! It seems that it is almost unreal. Some of forum members say that it has already passed several years from the moment of submission. Another alternative is Yahoo Directories, but the price is too high - 299$ submission and also 299$ for annual fee. Greedy bast**ds!
  19. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Why bother? Forget about dmoz. This is 2013
  21. No Profile Picture

Yes SEO HUNT, I am agree with you. DMOZ listing really time wasting. Tell me onething really we are getting benefit from DMOZ listing or not?? I thing YES..Whats your Opinion?
  23. No Profile Picture

@Dzine. I know this is 2013 so tell me new Technique if you know any.

Waiting for your Reply.

- Emily
  25. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Sweet Emily
    Yes SEO HUNT, I am agree with you. DMOZ listing really time wasting. Tell me onething really we are getting benefit from DMOZ listing or not?? I thing YES..Whats your Opinion?
    In idea, we should get from this benefit, but how is this in reality - it is unknown. I've read a lot of articles regarding this topic and almost everyone advices to submit submit your own site to DMOZ or Yahoo directory. The thing is that I don't know to what extent this is actual today.
  27. No Profile Picture

If we submit our website but site not listed then we get any benefit? I think yes withoutlisted also we will get traffic for our website.

-Emily
    SEO Researcher
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Sweet Emily
    If we submit our website but site not listed then we get any benefit? I think yes withoutlisted also we will get traffic for our website.

-Emily
    SEO Researcher
    you mean that there still some traffic we can get from dmoz even if site is not listed..?? well i say it can't be possible.. because this mean someone is personally work for our site without getting paid..