1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wrong info showing up in SERP links.

So I am working with a client who wants specific information to show up in the as "links" below their search result. It was pulling information that they did not want pulled and was not even relevant on their page but was in the source code for some reason.
    So I had them remove the information that was pulling that was irrelevant on the page and also I had them add structured data to their page so it would pull the information it would want.
    It shows that everything is correct in Google's Structured Data testing tool. It has been about 12 days and the site has definitely been crawled. Not only is the structured data not being pulled but the information that was deleted
    from the Source code is still being pulled by google. Any thoughts to why this would be happening
    Last edited by seoCharles93; Apr 5th, 2017 at 11:15 AM.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I'm not entirely certain I'm with you, but in general terms I'd say that 12 days may not be enough time for them to get it together!
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you! My apologies if I was unclear. Looking a Search result for a product, the information below the URL and Meta Descrip is what I am referring to. For example, if you google 'Mini Jeep' the first organic result is from motobuys.com and the for pieces of information below are sale price, power source, regular price and transmission. This information is pulling wrong on my clients site. The information that is pulling is no longer even in the source code and we have structured data on the info we want pulled. Even though the site has been crawled is 12 too short for this to be updated? I hope this clears it up.
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

No worries - it's probably me, not you (long day)!

I'm in the UK and I see motorbuys at #11 for that term... the serps show this:
    US$1,859.00 to US$3,495.00 - ‎In stock
    Awesome Jeep Willy's Go Kart is really a great off road vehicle for kids of all ages. ... Mini Jeep UTV/ Go-Kart/ Golf Cart- Hydraulic Disc Brakes - Over-Size Tires ...
    Although the site/pages have been crawled, 12 days may still be too soon for google to update their serps according to the new information

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  9. No Profile Picture

Thank you!