1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Wordpress site google rankings

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anybody could help me out with wordpress and rankings.
    My question is: Do free wordpress websites (on free wordpress accounts) get ranked lower
    in searches? I am thinking that maybe Google sees this and thinks the website isn't legitimate
    or something like that.
    This is the website here: https://nswlandscaping.wordpress.com/
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I am thinking that maybe Google sees this and thinks the website isn't legitimate
    or something like that.
    If you want to rank high you should grab your own domain name and hosting (starts around 50 euros / year for basic hosting)

This would give you access to much more wordpress options, plugins as well as page code.
    This would help you when it comes to SEO, because the free hosted site on wordpress.com doesn't give you access to all the needed features to rank high in SERPs.

Comments on this post

• Hikin Mike agrees
    • Test-ok agrees
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I'd take a look at rewriting all the content first, every page is virtually the same.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

good plan
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

If you want to rank high you should grab your own domain name and hosting (starts around 50 euros / year for basic hosting)

This would give you access to much more wordpress options, plugins as well as page code.
    This would help you when it comes to SEO, because the free hosted site on wordpress.com doesn't give you access to all the needed features to rank high in SERPs.
    50 euros is quite high. You can get it for much cheaper: https://www.namecheap.com/hosting/shared.aspx (for a small wordpress site, even the most basic of hosting packages can handle it).
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  11. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

50 euros is quite high. You can get it for much cheaper: namecheap.com/hosting/shared .aspx
    Never heard of them before but from what I can see a renewal for the cheapest option is 35€ /y if the domain is free only the first year then we are back to something around 50 euros/y.

I might try them for some test domain over a year and see if they really worth it
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  13. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Never heard of them before but from what I can see a renewal for the cheapest option is 35€ /y if the domain is free only the first year then we are back to something around 50 euros/y.

I might try them for some test domain over a year and see if they really worth it
    They are pretty good, they're a premium cloudflare partner, so you can get access to some of their higher tier things for free such as Railgun. However you do lose the free cloudflare ssl (however could use letsencrypt to keep it free.)

If you sign up: https://affiliate.namecheap.com/?affId=71285 that's my affiliate link ;).
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare