1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post What more can I do?

Hi there,

I'm currently the webmaster for an education recruitment agency within the UK
    www.alwaysflourishing.com I've been working consistently on improving web rankings over a period of 2 years since my employment. We've seen a substantial growth of our online presence and the amount of conversions gained during this period. However, right now I feel a little bit stuck as to what more I can do to further improve our rankings. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    James Miller
    Last edited by Chedders; Feb 28th, 2017 at 04:51 AM.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I would get it on SSL, it's a relatively simple process and if you're able to use cloudflare, you can see some good speed benefits as well as ranking benefits.

Also, grab yourself a copy of Screaming Frog, you've got a load of redirects that I would look into resolving, with the ultimate aim being no 301 redirects or 404s on the site, it makes when Google crawl the site much easier for them to find the content you have.

I would also look at how you're doing the job urls, as an example:
    alwaysflourishing.com/teaching-jobs?action=View&Job_Number=01472&desc=science-teacher-job-vacancy-secondary-permanent-role-bracknell-forest

Has a canonical of alwaysflourishing.com/teaching-jobs

If Google respected the canonical, none of your jobs would actually appear in the search results. So if possible, you could segment it a bit better, perhaps:
    alwaysflourishing.com/teaching-jobs/bracknell/science-teacher-job-vacancy-secondary-permanent-role-bracknell-forest-01472

Comments on this post

• markroberts agrees
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo