1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation What is the exact formula of Keyword Effectiveness Index and identify best Keyword

Hey Folks!

I am going through a complex situation regarding KEI.

I tried to get proper information form many sites about Keyword Effectiveness Index.
    But there are lot of variant to calculate KEI and different criteria to identify the best keyword through KEI calculation.

Please help me, if you know:

1. What is the exact KEI formula to calculate KEI?
    2. How to identify the best keyword according to the KEI Value?

Regards
    Belayet Hossain
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hello and welcome to SEO Chat!

I could be showing my own lack of knowledge here, but I've never heard of this index before. Is it basically just supposed to tell you what keywords would work well for your site? If so, you can find this out in other ways too.

Brainstorm some keywords that you think people would search for if they were interested in your site or what it does. You can use Keyword Planner to find search volume and competitiveness, I believe: https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Thanks Markroberts!

Yes, I already know about the Google Adward Keyword Planner.
    I use it to get keyword idea and Search volume with competitiveness.

But I actually want to find out the most effective keyword for my site which will rank my site to the first page of Google.

Such as KEI calculation :

KEI = (Searches^2) / Competitiveness

Most of say the above formula is perfect for KEI. Somebody say the formula is something different.
    Somebody says, lower KEI is the most effective Keywords, and somebody says that higher keywords are the most effective keywords.

So I am confused here.

Please refer me even there is a chance to help me out.

Regards
    Boiporitto
  7. No Profile Picture

Boiporitto, i am new here but i can tell you from watching googles own videos and reading one book that key words will not get you to the top of google anymore. Its been that way for a few years. What you are looking for is related only to adwords. What to pay for in advertising keywords. The only way to get to the top of google is social media shares likes and mentions, links, and content. Thats it pretty much. What do you have that people need, do people trust that you have a clue what you are talking about and do they trust you so much that they share your content. Again, i am NEW too so i am just telling you what i understood about it. But one thing was abundantly clear, keywords alone will not get you to the top of google.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by boiporitto
    Hi,

KEI = (Searches^2) / Competitiveness

Somebody says, lower KEI is the most effective Keywords, and somebody says that higher keywords are the most effective keywords.
    Just looked that up. Lower KEI is competition for that particular word or phrase. Really high competition is gonna be expensive to bid and low competition not so expensive. Also not very effective. Thats why the bid is low. I didnt know about that autocomplete until right now, or i mean i didnt get how to use it until right now. ask the search about what you do and see what comes up first or comes up as you type .... still doesnt help me though LOL
  11. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

KEI is a BS metrics from Wordtracker. Completely worthless thus why you are confused.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hi Mosswalker,

Thanks for your concern. I understand your observations. I think so, Keywords are not the only solution to get to the top of google.

Thanks again. Keep in touch.

Regards
  15. No Profile Picture

How so? I understand that its good to use when looking to price out advertising ... is this not true anymore? I genuinely want to know so i dont waste time learning about things that are useless.
  17. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by mosswalker
    I genuinely want to know so i dont waste time learning about things that are useless.
    All phrases typed in by a hot prospect are effective but you can't truly understand the competitive landscape via a number. The totals of dogpile searches and results exponentiated to reflect Google is simply trash and moreso.

The fact that any phrase had 1 million results does not denote how much of an impact you need to beat the top 10, top 20, or top 30... If they only measured these you would have a leg to stand on.

This is no different than coming up with the number of jellybeans in the bottle... The bottle size is about this, the volume area needing to filled is this... So the answer is about ... That!
    Last edited by fathom; Aug 3rd, 2015 at 10:02 AM.