1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Want to Target USA audience

Hello,

I have a wedding invitations website www.123weddingcards.com. I am targeting USA audience as we want to gain buyers from USA.

My website is 8 years old and all the links we have created is .com cctld sites. but the problem I am facing is all the traffic is coming from India.

Alexa is showing 97% traffic is coming from India. Only 3 percent person coming from USA and purchasing the product.
    Obviously that's affecting my sales graph so badly.

Guys need your help please. What should I do for change my target audience location?

Please reply on the thread. I can tell the more information if you want regarding my domain.
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

What's the source of that Indian traffic, I am wondering. Is it search? Where are your servers located?

The first obvious step towards higher US traffic is creating US-specific content, something about US wedding traditions, popular wedding destinations, etc. Also, some keyword optimization should be able to help, for example, your home page seems to be better optimized for "Indian wedding invitations" than anything else.
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the reply.

Source of the Indian traffic is organic. And I have optimized my site content already with the idea you suggest me at 123weddingcards.com/blog. I have a complete blog sub-directory for blog. But my problem is same and yes I will optimized my on page keyword soon. But do you really think that will help to take the USA visitors on my website ?

And "Indian wedding invitations" is my main business keyword thatswhy I focusing on it.

Thanks for the suggestions again
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I agree with Ann about the US content.

In addition to her advice I would consider your home page content is thin. Many pictures mostly stressing non-usa visitors. I would cut down on the home page images some...
    May I suggest you change your url structure...

123weddingcards.com/en/
    123weddingcards.com/in/
    etc, etc

Possibly change the H1 tag on your home page from "OUR AMAZING INDIAN WEDDING CARDS CATALOGUE" to "OUR AMAZING WEDDING CARDS CATALOGUE". Then create individual pages for each country as per example above. Of course this means you need to hone up on rel alt tags and hreflang tags.

Comments on this post

• apoorva7 agrees
  9. No Profile Picture

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

But can you tell me why should I create URL's like
    123weddingcards.com/en/
    123weddingcards.com/in/

I think that would be for different languages website who provides versions of languages according to location. I don't have the versions of languages according to location so I can't use this.

And "INDIAN WEDDING CARDS" this is my business keyword and according to SEO on page recommendation we should take our business keyword as H1 tag but still if you suggest I will change this.

Thanks once again for the reply!!
  11. No Profile Picture

: To get more traffic from Us and Uk :

1. Study analytics account: look for the traffic coming from countries us and uk and note the number of traffic coming from specific country.
    2. Create social media account for US and UK audiances: facebook, Twitter, instagram pages without brand name.
    3. Use of American listings/classified sites: by submitting in US classified sites and local listing we can gain traffic surely
    4. Get quality backlinks from US and UK based blogs: create Google friendly backlinks from verius forums like Central PA Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - PennLive.com and Free Ads | Free Local Classified Ads .
    5. Use google trends to find out the trending topics in US and UK: use this tool to find trends in specific area and related to our services.
    6. By joining groups and crating own group in LinkedIn and promote it to join other groups mebmers .
    7. Support contents the Q&A websites: Write answers in Q&A websites and provide links there along with the answers.
    8. Set geographical target in webmaster: By setting geographic target we can focus on specific audience.
    9. Launch Infographics: Create useful graphics that tell a story and help people see your content in a new way. Do outreach for links, promote on Pinterest, etc.
    10. Local seo using Google places: place website in google places and by providing local address and phone number can help to get more traffic.

thanks and regards
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by apoorva7
    I think that would be for different languages website who provides versions of languages according to location. I don't have the versions of languages according to location so I can't use this.
    Normally it is. But there is no written rule that you must use different languages per say. On your home page you are targeting India, Muslim and English visitors. So my suggestion is to separate the keywords by country or Ethnic group. This does not mean you have to actually use the native language of each. The idea is to not over work a page. Let each page do it's job.

So on a page targeting strictly USA visitors I would not use "Indian Wedding Cards" . I would let my main navigation menu do this. I would target a page with unique content to do that . Divide up your keywords and use them on the appropriate pages.. Just make sure your content for each is very unique and targeted for each audience.

You could use any directory structure you want. I personally think you are over working the pages targeting 3 different audiences ( ethnic groups ). It would be easier to target separate pages for each audience.
  15. No Profile Picture

Hello KnownOneSpecial,

Actually this website is 10 years old and have lots of old and messy work is here. I am handling this site since 2.5 yrs backs and it's too hard to handle all the categories. Still your suggestions is really helpful for me and I will try to implement it on my website.

And for English Visitor what you will going to use rather than "Indian Wedding Cards". Could you suggest this?

I have used unique content for all of the pages. by saying a appropriate word page mean I should create a single page where I put all the pages collectively and then work on it with different religions?

"You could use any directory structure you want. I personally think you are over working the pages targeting 3 different audiences ( ethnic groups ). It would be easier to target separate pages for each audience".
    I am targeting separate pages for each of religion you can check out my website and have a looks once If you have some time please.

Still some of points are unclear It will very helpful if you can explain me more.

Thanks for the suggestion!!