1. No Profile Picture

Smile Useless External Links

Hello Team,

There is this website of my client for which I had been gaining great results in the Organic Search due to higher SERP. But for the last two months I have getting very less sessions. I did website audit and found other aspects like page speed, keyword ranking, content , proper meta tags to be working completely fine.
    But found out that there are many useless backlinks that have been created and is showing in the first page of Google Search for which we are loosing out on some potential users to the website.

In the 'Remove Outdate Content Tool' in Search Console, we can request Google not to crawl few Internal Links that are not present in the website. Just like this,is there any way out where we could request Google and other Search Engines not to show up or block those useless External Links in the search engine pages so that users could directly visit our site through potential backlinks.
    Waiting for your earliest reply.
    Thanks in advance.
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hi debkanya,

I'm trying (hard) to understand what you are saying/asking, but it's just not making sense to me

Originally Posted by debkanya.dhar
    But found out that there are many useless backlinks that have been created and is showing in the first page of Google Search...
    Backlinks are showing in Google search? That doesn't make sense.
    Do you mean "backlinks are showing in Google Search Console", or "the URL's giving you the backlinks are showing on google search results"?

In the 'Remove Outdate Content Tool' in Search Console, we can request Google not to crawl few Internal Links that are not present in the website.
    No you can't... The outdated content tool is for:
    Originally Posted by google
    If you see a search result that you do not own, and either the result snippet or the cached (stored) result in Search results is different from the current page, OR
    the page no longer exists, then you can request that Google drop the outdated cache and snippet from search results"
    is there any way out where we could request Google and other Search Engines not to show up or block those useless External Links in the search engine pages so that users could directly visit our site through potential backlinks.
    What do you mean by "show up external links in the search engine pages"?... That just doesn't make any sense!
    Nobody can visit your site through potential backlinks, not ever... It is not possible (can only visit site through actual backlinks)...

Please try again
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. No Profile Picture

Smile Thanks for replying earlier

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Hi debkanya,

I'm trying (hard) to understand what you are saying/asking, but it's just not making sense to me

Backlinks are showing in Google search? That doesn't make sense.
    Do you mean "backlinks are showing in Google Search Console", or "the URL's giving you the backlinks are showing on google search results"?

No you can't... The outdated content tool is for:

What do you mean by "show up external links in the search engine pages"?... That just doesn't make any sense!
    Nobody can visit your site through potential backlinks, not ever... It is not possible (can only visit site through actual backlinks)...

Please try again
    Yes, I meant "the URL's giving you the backlinks are showing on google search results"? In the Google Search Results I want only the links from my website to be shown in the first page not any older local listing from websites that doesn't even exists and is showing blank when anyone drops into that link. So can't we exclude those or atleast request Google to do so on our behalf?

Yes I meant actual backlinks only. Thanks a lot mate.
    Last edited by debkanya.dhar; May 19th, 2017 at 02:55 AM.