1. No Profile Picture

Switching Shopping Carts: New Guy Needs Help - Thanks!

Hi Everybody,

My name is Brendan and I've owned a guitar boutique for 6 years. A week and a half ago we changed our shopping cart from 3D cart to Woo Commerce... as well as gave the overall site a facelift. We flipped the switch 9 days ago and everything was perfect. All my top brands continued to rank on page 1 of Google (business as usual). However this morning, I wake up, do my searches and my company, Heartbreaker Guitars is NOWHERE to be found. Everything was working perfect. I called my web guy and he did a bunch of tests. He checks Google and says that it's still "indexing". I guess I don't understand the 9 day delay of this process. As of now, disaster! Without my brands ranking Im in big trouble. Do I just need to wait it out or is this something more concerning? Any input is appreciated. Oh, and by the way... nice to meet you all. I do all the SEO myself so this will be a great resource.
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

We can only guess I am afraid as you have not supplied the domain..

The issue with changing shopping carts is has your urls changed ? if so your pretty much starting from scratch, all the old pages would need to be 301 redirected to the new pages.to preserve any rankings they had and keep the old page rank.

IF you wish to share the domain name I am sure someone will have a more in depth look.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
    IMHO
  5. No Profile Picture

Cheddars - Gosh, im feeling pretty foolish right about now. After getting ready to "jump off the ledge" and an enormous amount of work in the past 24 hours, my Google rankings started to come back and it seems my web guy was right on the money. For my top 3 brands im back on page 1. Feel free to check my new page at heartbreakerguitars.com Any other input is welcome. Thank you very much for your reply. Brendan
  7. Dinosaur

if you not the developer then this may not mean a lot to you but follow this link then press fetch

http://page-explorer.com?url=https:/...com/&tips=ture

The issue is the site itself looks fantastic but there are quite a few improvements you could do from a SEO point of view. I know the developer will hate it and a lot may seem petty but in order for the technical side to match the visual side its work that needs completing.

Thats the score my tool gives you for the home page on site SEO.
    IMHO
  9. No Profile Picture

Ouch that looks a bit grim... Have anything to do with it being a new site? I mean, well the site is brand new but its our 4th upgrade in 6 years. Are you an SEO expert who provides service? If so PM me and we can talk further. Thanks
  11. Dinosaur

No I dont do this for a living, its just a keen hobby as such.
    Most of the improvements are due to the use of large images and not using alt tags so the score could be improved quite quickly by your developer.
    IMHO
  13. No Profile Picture

Hey i really appreciate the input. That is something i can work on...
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

since you posted your site ...I can understand the Page Explorer report.

You have left out a lot of helpful things ... like almost 5k of images with no alt text. Fixing that is just going to take time .. happy typing ...

also one more thing... see that plug for the site designer, it is site wide link. Bad for you, because its taking link juice and its bad for them, because its on every page of your website and you should have them remove it. Suggest you have them limit themselves to 1 link and put it anywhere appropriate but not in the footer nor your home page.

17. No Profile Picture

All good stuff. Thanks very much!