1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Spam Score of My New Blog is 6

I have recently started my blog. I have thought to acquire do follow back-links first so have acquired 6 do-follow links from two guest posts from two different blogs from same niche of my blog. I have been sharing my blog post in social media in regular basis. Today I checked my blog in open site explorer I have found spam score of my blog is 6. I have acquired those links few days back. How can I reduce the spam score of the blog now? Would acquiring nofollow links would help? Please help me. The link of my blog is mustbedigital.com and the backlinks I acquired from the other blog posts are 1. http://thinksteer.com/graphic-artist-hiring-ultimate-guide-hire-graphic-designer/ 2. http://www.sahilpopli.com/thinking-starting-business/ any help would be appreciated. Thank you
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

What does open site explorer tell you what their spam score means ?
    Moz created this as a guide to avoid you getting penalised, its only their guess and is not connected to google so its upto you if you want to follow their advice or not. If you do then you need to follow their guidlines.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinks in 2018
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

well, the reasons behind showing the spam scores are:
    1. The site link profile is not trustworthy
    2. We found very few links linking to the site considering its size.
    3. Links to subdomain have low amounts of branded anchor text.

I don't understand what these points mean. My website is just launched, have made only 4 posts, and link building should be done in the passive ways. I can't interpret these points and go ahead to fix this all.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

The short answer is...

Stop what you are doing.

The long answer..

You need to do backlink research on the sites you are acquiring backlinks from. One of the great problems is that folks just go off the deep end and get links from sites, based on DA and PA, in the hope it will boost their rankings. Sometimes this helps sometimes it hurts or has no effect.

What they don't explain is how to tell the diamond sites from the fools gold. They just run with Moz's metrics, but the caveat is that Google does not use Moz metrics to rank sites.

There are many threads on the forum that if you take the time to find and read will help you sort out which types of sites are good and which are not so good and the ones that are just down right bad and to be avoided.

1. If anyone can get a backlink, then the site is basically useless.
    2. If the site has huge amounts of outgoing links, then it's probably useless.
    3. If the site has no reason to link to you what so ever, again it's not worth much.
  9. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

One other thing you could investigate. You say you have just launched the site.
    I would assume then you have been out and purchased a domain name, did you check the domain name out prior to see if had been used before ? It is possible that you have purchased an expired domain that the previous owners have spammed to death and now just let it go.

As a rough guide in google search for the domain name and see what comes up. If its as new as you think you should only see sites you know about plus a few bots that have picked up your site. I often use this as the query

"domain name" -site:donain name

It wont return you a full list but it should be an indication of if there are a ton of spam links already
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare | Backlinking 101: Backlinks in 2018
  11. Moderator
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I just tried to have a look at your backlink profile and according to the tool (may be wrong), you're correct, there are only those two links you've 'acquired' pointing to your domain.

Both links are do-follow, both links are keyword rich, being "search engine optimization" and "digital marketing expert". It's blatantly obvious that they've been bought. Furthermore, both sites are spam heaven with outgoing links on every single page with keyword rich anchor text. I.E, "mobile app design india" etc etc. I'd personally be more worried about what you're about to do to your site. As KOS said, "stop doing what you're doing"...

I mean, not going to lie.. it is kind of worrying that they're your anchor texts, because in all due respect you aren't a digital marketing expert... you're just starting out asking newbie questions. Which is cool, but I assume you're attempting to make money for being an expert, which you aren't.
    Last edited by matt1966; Dec 13th, 2017 at 06:49 AM.