1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Some of my webpages will appear then disappear for my targeted keywords

Last week one of my webpages appeared for a keyword phrase I was targeting. Then, two days later it disappeared completely. Today the same thing happened for another keyword, and within 10 minutes the page disappeared from search again.

Note: There is already 1 page on my website indexing for this keyword phrase (could this be causing temporary results?). When the page indexed it was a situation where we had spot 1 and 2, and in the other situation we were 6 and 7.

Does anyone know why this is happening?
    I heard that sometimes a webpage will fluctuate the first time Google establishes it's spot. But fluctuating between spot 2 and non-existence seems drastic.

-Thanks, Michael.
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi Michael,

I've been experiencing the same thing on a website for very competitive keywords. One day i'm in the top 5 the next day I'm not even in top500, and then back again in top 5 etc... etc...

Unfortunately I haven't found the reason for this kind of fluctuations. It is very frustrating because in my case I get a lot of work when my page appears (it has a good conversion rate) but when it does not show up, well... no work ahead. If I find a cause to this situation i'll keep you up to date, but it's been a couple of month since I started looking into this on my spare time and still nothing.

The good thing is that it does not mean you are getting penalised. Keep building domain strength and publishing kick *** content is the best thing your can do at the moment.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Michael,

You're no alone in this issue. I also have several keywords that are fluctuating massively the past days. I agree with the comment above that as long as your site is on Google SERPs, no need to worry. I think this is a case related to reports on Google's extreme search fluctuations. Give it time, I am guessing this will just go back to normal.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by marthy13b
    Hi Michael,

You're no alone in this issue. I also have several keywords that are fluctuating massively the past days. I agree with the comment above that as long as your site is on Google SERPs, no need to worry. I think this is a case related to reports on Google's extreme search fluctuations. Give it time, I am guessing this will just go back to normal.

Thanks for the response. Do you think it's possible that our other page is blocking this page to appear? Maybe Google does not want back-back results from the same website?
  9. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Do you think it's possible that our other page is blocking this page to appear?
    I don't think so, I told you i don't have the solution, but in my case, I do not have another page of my site ranking on page 1, and I have several websites ranking first, second and third on the same query with different pages from the website.

If your site and/or your page is new, then as marthy said you could also be experiencing a so-called Google Dance while the search engine defines the right spot where to rank your content in the SERPs
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    I don't think so, I told you i don't have the solution, but in my case, I do not have another page of my site ranking on page 1, and I have several websites ranking first, second and third on the same query with different pages from the website.

If your site and/or your page is new, then as marthy said you could also be experiencing a so-called Google Dance while the search engine defines the right spot where to rank your content in the SERPs
    Unfortunately, the page is 6 months old. But we have enhanced the SEO to better suit the keyword phrase. It seems like Google is finally taking the targeted word.

The unfortunate thing... the other page that is indexing, does not even mention that keyword phrase. We just want the correct page to appear!