1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Site with multiple languages

Hello, my site is on .com domain but it is not in English.

I do however have English and Russian versions on the site, linked form the header - EN / RU.

• .com - primary language - Polish
    • .com/en/ - English
    • .com/ru/ - Russian

I do wonder however, what if on the homepage, I would create (towards end of the page) two new sections featuring couple more links into the other two languages.

If I think back to old days of PageRank, then this would increase from 1 link to say 5 or 10, pushing a lot more link juice into the deeper pages of English and Russian sites as they are relativelly new and rank only like page 5-7 for anything reasonable. This way I hope I could move them at least page or three up?

For example:

--------------------------------------

Explore English

some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text some intro text

Popular categories: Dog training, Dog food, Cats, Rats, Turtles

--------------------------------------

Russian

Изучите английский язык

некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст некоторый вводный текст вводное введение текст в тексте вводного текста

Популярные категории: Собаки, Собаки, Кошки, Крысы, Черепахи

--------------

Default footer and footer links.

"Link 1 \ contact \ advertising \ ... link 5..."
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I would not do this....you don't want to show content in different languages because that may lead google to view your page as not as relevant for your target language of Polish off your root domain....your best bet is to have a location toggle from every page that links to the equivalent page in the other two languages...you can implement ahreflang also and set location target in google search console, if you have not already, but that just helps google with location detection but not really with ranking...
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

First thing to do is make sure you use the alternative language tags, proper language declaration and well configured canonical tags.

As White rabbit said I would not provide content in different languages on the same page especially your home page for such purposes.
    Owner of Bennetonable - "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    Need a quick analysis > Free SEO grader Beta
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you for your time and answers.

Well, main problem is, 99% of links are on the original language pages.

English content is the only hope to rank for anything that can be monetized. Yet it is also the one that is impossible to build links for (at least I cannot). My options seem pushing the juice from other languages and pray on internal linking and onsite tweaks.

Hence tempting to see if this way would be "acceptable" to push some juice into English version of the site. See the stats below - but any decent stuff is like ranking around 75 by large.

Process of site development:

- build a solid content page
    - get some local links
    - fuell this juice to English site (sure, there is the EN link at the top of each new page) but perhaps a quick jump from homepage could have been possible
    - rank better the important English terms
    - and maybe finally (after 10 years) make some $ form the site

As you can see the primary language is not making $ so the idea is to tap into English speaking traffic but using Domain authority.

Here's some stats for the domain

Majestic
    :
    - Trust 31
    - Citation: 35

SEOMOZ:
    - Polish home - PA35, DA36
    - English /en/ folder - PA30, DA36

SemRush
    : English keywords with 773 keywords showing in search console impressions. Average position like 75.

Looking at the PA for main homepage, you can see how tempting it is to add couple links to push a bit more juice into EN. Suddenly from average 75 it could go to 25? A guess but still.
    Last edited by Editor; Sep 9th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.