1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

site crashed and .htaccess was not in place

My server crashed recently and during the rebuild the .htaccess page was not properly set up for a couple of days.
    Google crawled my site during this time and basically found several hundred "new products" because they had a different url (because
    the .htaccess file was not in place so mod_rewrite was not rewriting the urls)

The question is do i now go in and create 301 redirects for all 400 of those products or do i just let it go?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by tagteamcomputin
    My server crashed recently and during the rebuild the .htaccess page was not properly set up for a couple of days.
    Google crawled my site during this time and basically found several hundred "new products" because they had a different url (because
    the .htaccess file was not in place so mod_rewrite was not rewriting the urls)

The question is do i now go in and create 301 redirects for all 400 of those products or do i just let it go?
    Ouch! I feel your pain ttc
    It's a judgement call, but - if it was that quick - I would just let it go (and keep off the errors page in GSC for a while)
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]