1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post SEO Page Content Question

Hi all, I created 2 pages that target 2 specific keywords but one doesn't seem to be working.
    Keyword that I target are "Tutor Finder" and "Maths Tutor Melbourne".

A) For "Tutor Finder", I created 'tutorsfield.com.au/tutorfinder' and it works perfect. We are ranking on page 1 position 2.

B) For "Maths Tutor Melbourne" I created 'tutorsfield.com.au/maths-tutor-melbourne'. However it ranks on page 2 position 9. I want to see if I have done anything wrong when optimising this page. This is a longer keyword but we rank lower... I hope to get some advice on this.
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Feb 3rd, 2016 at 06:31 PM. Reason: de-link
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Firstly the page really could do with pagination, its way to long in my opinion and also over optimised Because you have so many tutors all on 1 page the keywords are appearing to be stuffed. For example the word Tutor has been used 125 times I think google got the idea after the first few mentions. Breaking it up into pages with rel="next" and rel="prev" would help a lot there
    Your images are way to big as well which is slowing the site down massively, 7.5 meg and majority have no alt tags which is where you are really missing SEO value.

I also dont really see any content regarding Melbourne other than it being in the title and the H1 text. Creating page about Melbourne with links to the tutors would help reinforce the area.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    • delon2015 agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank you very much for your advice. I would definitely implement the things that you mentioned (using next prev and optimising the image size and alt tags).

For the word Melbourne, do you have any suggestions of how we can optimise it, should I just create a page about Melbourne? I really want to capture the traffic when people are searching for "maths tutor Melbourne" as well as in all the other states in Australia.
    Many Thanks
  7. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Without a physical address based in Melbourne the only way really is to write content about Melbourne, include a google map of the area, maybe have a page thats list the schools in the area as that is valid content and not just fluff. Anything really that parents might find useful for their child's education. Maybe another page containing a list of museums with their address's and pictures if you can using the Alt tag to get Melbourne in.

I would also try and get testimonials from clients who have hired each tutor and have a page for that which link to the tutor. In all new pages get the word Melbourne into any anchor text that points to the tutor page this all helps massively to tell google the page is about Melbourne.

There is a geocode meta tag as well. You could try adding that to the page. I dont have any direct evidence google use this but its something I do when geo targeting. for syntax have a read here

Hope that helps