Thread: SEO for mortals

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arrow SEO for mortals

I joined this forum looking to learn and share traffic generation methods for a website.
    SEO is definitely one of it. However, SEO techniques seems to be very overwhelming. You are thrown in to bunch of articles, videos and tools by experts who assume others know it.
    Can some of you suggest some practical suggestions I can do day by day, say an hour each day, to boost traffic to a website?
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Create best of the web content and promote through Social Media
  5. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

As Kernel Panich has stated I completely agree on it, you should write the content as per your audience and market it.

Moreover, you should also work on for fixing the technical issues including site speed, crawler errors etc. That is also an important aspect. So you should review your Google webmaster (console) regularly and try fix issues that you got from here. Also, read below thread, Mark has added some good threads in that and it is very worthy for new users.

The "Great Threads" Thread
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 8th, 2017 at 03:30 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Create best of the web content and promote through Social Media
    Thank you Kernal Panic. This is easily said than done rt?
    What is the approach you have taken in the past? Using prospecting tools such as Buzz Sumo?
    Or simply going various platform and ask the prospects to share your content?
  9. No Profile Picture

Work on one part of your SEO strategy at a time. Work through on-page first, then site speed and so on. How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time.
  11. No Profile Picture

Buzz Sumo works to get ideas. Finding and following the top blogs in your industry works to get ideas too.

Building up anything online without some form of paid traffic is like hitching a horse to a wagon and heading west. FB are relatively inexpensive for results, and they work in everyone's budget. Marketing your content to your target market through ads is the fastest currently. Posting it in groups in your niche is another good way.
  13. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by SteveCo
    Thank you Kernal Panic. This is easily said than done rt?
    What is the approach you have taken in the past? Using prospecting tools such as Buzz Sumo?
    Or simply going various platform and ask the prospects to share your content?
    If you are able to write the content on your subjects then It will be great if you cant then hire someone who can write the content for you. Textbook or writer access will good to go but don't to give some pointers or referral that will add additional value in your content.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by therealaleech
    Buzz Sumo works to get ideas. Finding and following the top blogs in your industry works to get ideas too.

Building up anything online without some form of paid traffic is like hitching a horse to a wagon and heading west. FB are relatively inexpensive for results, and they work in everyone's budget. Marketing your content to your target market through ads is the fastest currently. Posting it in groups in your niche is another good way.
    I think you said it, I think for a new site it has to drag some eyeballs with advertisement. Link building etc. can come as the rest. I was curious how others are doing it hit the traffic. Thank you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo