1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile SEO losing steam

Hi there, I work in marketing and advertising. I've heard some banter around the office where people are saying "SEO is Dead"? I dont really know what that means but I asssume people referring to this as if its no longer profitable, it no longer works and we are at the mercy of google, or all the real marketing is just on Social Media. i asked a friend who works for a Local SEO Company. He didnt think it's dead but did mention it is a saturated industry like most. But they also insisted that they have plenty of clients that have recently shot through the ranking due to their efforts.

Maybe people are just burned out on their job idk ??
    Last edited by Hikin Mike; Oct 18th, 2017 at 01:43 AM. Reason: removed link and warned
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Yea it's saturated with a bunch of people who take clients on and don't know sh!t about seo.
    It's not dead but taking a hit by uneducated people to make a quick buck and ruin sites.
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I personally feel its dead as far as being able to game google into ranking a poor site high as you used to be able to do. However a quality site with good SEO still works wonders. This however requires effort which a lot of the people moaning the SEO is dead are not prepared to do.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  7. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by Chedders
    I personally feel its dead as far as being able to game google into ranking a poor site high as you used to be able to do. However a quality site with good SEO still works wonders. This however requires effort which a lot of the people moaning the SEO is dead are not prepared to do.
    Personally, now SEO is very expensive than previous time and only experts can survive as of now.

Google starts giving more priority to the site those are more user-friendly and recommended by good external resources.

So for user experience, you need better tech person who has experts on it that includes developers and designers.

Apart from this, we need good content writers with better English who can write appealing content that will give you the reason to your user for stick around your site and also generate some external resources.

Moreover, social media play the important role of your branding and only expert on the subject can influence to users towards your site.

So my point nowadays.,we can manage many themes but it will be expensive than previous days. Even I suggest if your site is new then we should go for the Paid version that will more beneficial for lead generation.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

SEO isn't dead, it's just gotten more technical. As Chedders said, some people just don't want to put in the work. Unfortunately, I've been spoiled since I've been able to delegate more technical aspects of my job to developers. However, I am fully aware that if I want to stay relevant in this industry, I need to become a developer myself, so I'm taking courses and working on projects with guidance to get on-hand experience.

It's no longer good enough to just know how to do basic on-page and build a couple links.
  11. Entrepreneur

It's no longer good enough to just know how to do basic on-page and build a couple links.
    Yes sir
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  13. Administrator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I agree with most of what's been said so far. SEO is not dead, it's just changed from what it originally was.

When it first started, there were many new search engines, and no single search engine dominated. Now, Google dominates Search. If a site has not been optimised, and is not configured to work with, for example, Desktop, and mobile, and is a fast site, with optimized content, and perhaps needs AMP, if appropriate, along with HTTPS, etc., and that's all before any outbound marketing and SEO takes place. Yes, it's much more in-depth.
    Also, many moons ago the dominant players hadn't arrived on the scene, so it was much easier to dominant the SERPs. Now, you have to understand what the opportunities are to compete with the big brands that have deep pockets.
    No, SEO is not dead, it just requires a different understanding.
  15. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I tend to paraphrase Frank Zappa every time people say that SEO is dead...
  17. Entrepreneur

I started the similar topic at Is SEO dead for the clients ? I hope this will help more.