1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Cool An SEO Issue in Magento Ecommerce

Hello guys,
    We have a Magento site for grocery items sales in UK.
    We have thousands of products there and the system is very complicated as it connects multiple store inventory to onlines sales inventory.
    All of them are centralized.
    Now we are ranking well and getting traffic for some low competition keyowords. (Product names) This is a decent start.
    Traffic is like 4000-5000 a month only. But the product search are very low, and we need to rank for more generic keyowords like "buy ginger paste online" or "buy wheat flour online".
    Now my problem is since the system is so complicated the client is not very open to create categories for my keywords which I then promote.
    Their developer is equally complicating things and charging exorbitant amounts for creating a TAG page when we can add keywords as tags on products and then a tag page with some description and tagged products would be the landing page.
    Something what we have in wordpress. (I hope this post is still not too complicated now)

So what I am asking is does any one know of a SEO friendly TAG plugin for Magento that we can use to create targeted landing pages.
    It should support a description (text) and a flat url. That is all we seek. And yes a FREE version or a off the shelf cheaper plugin..
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Surely for good customer experience, you should have a "Ginger Paste" category already?
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by ThomasHarvey
    Surely for good customer experience, you should have a "Ginger Paste" category already?
    That was our first preference, but the clients thinks it will complicated the category list in Magento. They want a limited categories because number of products is HUGE.
    So we decided to use the tag system. It comes inbuilt in Magento, but it neither has a flat url not it supports a description that can take some textual content.