1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question SEO for Ecommerce Site without the Blog

Hi Friends,

Can we get ranking on E-commerce website without having a blog site for the same website.

If yes, Please list the factors that we need to keep in mind. Thanks
  3. Not An Expert
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

It probably won't be as easy, but of course it's possible. I think the reason people recommend blogs so strongly is because it's easier to earn links with blog content than it is with product pages. Just make sure you've got a well-organized, responsive, mobile-friendly, fast site that sells quality products. It's just like anything else, I assume.
  5. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

No a blog is not required and if all your going to post is bloat because its the done thing to do then it will not be worth the effort.
    By all means include a blog if you have something to talk about regularly if not then create a few static pages.

Most add on blogs to ecommerce sites are dribble, bloat, fluff or what ever you want to call them, and not worth your users time in reading.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : Yeah, that's a good point. Everyone seems to think they're necessary...and then all they post is bloat!
    • mainstwebguy agrees
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by markroberts
    It probably won't be as easy, but of course it's possible. I think the reason people recommend blogs so strongly is because it's easier to earn links with blog content than it is with product pages. Just make sure you've got a well-organized, responsive, mobile-friendly, fast site that sells quality products. It's just like anything else, I assume.
    I honestly think it's just as easy to get links to a good product (think good pricing/images/video) as it is to get a link to a blog.

On topic though, you may want to look at category content, a brief description of what's in the categories just to add a bit of text to the page and making it that little bit relevant whilst also trying to convince the user you know what you're doing and to help sell the product.
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare