1. No Profile Picture

SEO audit help pls!

I wanted to take your advice on a project I am working on at the moment. A friend of mine has asked me to take a look at his e-commerce Shopify websites and perform an SEO audit to see what he is doing wrong and give him recommendations on how to do better especially in terms of the organic search. He is doing well in terms of the social referrals as he is using bloggers/vloggers to promote his products.

I am crawling the site using screaming frog and have registered with Moz and Raven (free trials!) So hopefully I will go step by step to look at the existing on-page optimisation and then the off-page optimisation as well.

He has two websites at the moment, www.abc.com and www.abc.co.uk. The .com one is directed to the US/Canada and the .co.uk is towards the UK. I am helping him with the .com website first but I can't help but feel something is very wrong. Especially that both sites have the same content products with the same names, description..etc...

My question:

1. Is that wrong? Will this lead to canonicalisation issues or any other issues?
    2. Could anyone give advice or a checklist on steps to include in the audit?

I would really appreciate any advice please and I am looking forward to readying the replies
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I wanted to take your advice on a project I am working on at the moment. A friend of mine has asked me to take a look at his e-commerce Shopify websites and perform an SEO audit to see what he is doing wrong and give him recommendations on how to do better especially in terms of the organic search.
    This friend wants you to give your thoughts, why would you come to perfect strangers and give your friend their view point. I would suggest if you don't understand it to have your friend find someone who does
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    This friend wants you to give your thoughts, why would you come to perfect strangers and give your friend their view point. I would suggest if you don't understand it to have your friend find someone who does
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I wanted to help out a friend who is just starting up. I do have the knowledge of on page and off page optimisation and will be giving him my recommendations on how to better optimise his site. However I came to this forum (SEO chat) looking for advice regarding the issue I had mentioned in my post. (two domains with the same exact products). I can assure you that I had no intention of giving my friend the view point of "perfect strangers". I just assumed that perhaps SEO experts in the forum would be able to give some sound advice to an SEO newbie.