1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

schema.org markup and multiple products

Hi,

New to the group. Didn't know where to place this question, so your advice is welcome as to next steps or pointing me in the right direction.

Presently rebuilding a website to be mobile first. The client has 3 primary products (these are really speaking topics, so I would assume they would be considered products for schema.org markup). The 3 products are very different from one another.

I'm very concerned about mobile page load times. My intent was to put together a home page that would list the 3 topics, then a user could pick one and go to that content.

And herein lies the problem:
    For SEO ranking, is it best to have the details of each these three topics on separate loading URL pages (which means a device refresh and reload of the entire new page)? Or can I set up the three links to direct to three hidden sections on the one page (kinda like tabs), and the schema markup would correctly identify the separate sections? This eliminates page reloading issues, but I'm concerned here about SEO ranking for each of the three topics.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Pro's and Con's eh and I can see your delemer.

If you look at it from a users point of view then I would definitely go for the javascript route with hiding some panels and exposing them on the click event (tab approach) or you could also go with a ajax call to only download content that's required on demand.

On the other hand if your looking to gain the most benefit for SEO purposes then the 3 page route would be prefered.

It's a hard one to be honest, as both routes are fine providing the hidden panels are not huge as that would slow down the page and more noticeable on a mobile device as you are downloading content the user may not need.

If pushed I suspect I would go the different pages as you get the chance to fully optimise each page for the content plus you could provide more information about it and not be restricted to a tabbed panel.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks Chedders,

I'm leaning the same way as your thinking, separate pages because of SEO benefit. I could implement partial subsequent page prefetching (before the fold) for each of the 3 choices. Then when the user selects a single page, at least they get an immediate display of some of the subsequent page content while the rest (below the fold) is downloaded and displayed (sorta like a lazy load).

Mark